The Diesel Garage banner

New parts acting funny...

775 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  sstockton 
#1 ·
Got a 2000 24V just replaced the lift pump and VP44 and now it idles high and rough after getting up to high speeds for any sustained amount of time? It doesn't idle smooth again till you shut off the truck and restart it. It runs smooth at high RPMs just doesn't like to idle normal afterwards. Any ideas on what's not doing what it's suppose to? Thanks.

G
#4 ·
That was my frist thought too Andy. Where did you get the replacement VP from? Sure sounds like a Hot Rod pump to me. If you are not noticing any thing wrong, no codes, loss of power, etc I would just call consider it an added bonus and don't worry about it.

#5 ·
it could be a bad reman to. was it new or reman.

#6 ·
Reset your APPS sensor and double check your APPS connection... A bad APPS ground could cause it to idle high...

#7 ·
How high is it idling? I'm with mopar on this one. My stock one will do this too from time to time idling about 50-125rpm high after its been up to a higher RPM and sustained for a little while.
Sean

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.