The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pictures of the truck I just bought, the weather hasnt been cooperating for me to get it home yet, I will get more pictures when I do.

A little backstory on this one, as far as I can tell the last time the truck was running was in 2003, I have known about it since 2006 I think, not real sure when I first went and looked it over. Found out about it from the person I bought the 79 K100C off of.

Vitals are as follows, its either a 82 or 83 K100C, 3406A, RTO12515, rockwell rears on a reyco spring ride, and 10 aluminum wheels. Im going to have to wait till I get the title in hand to get the VIN, then I will get the line sheet from KW.

Attachments

·
2,555 Posts
Looks to be in decent shape , good to see another one saved.

·
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks to be in decent shape , good to see another one saved.
Yeah its not bad for sitting out in the weather, Im sure if it had been more obvious of where it was sitting it would have been gone a while ago. I was glad to not see it go for scrap.

·
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You do know they make trucks with the motor out front right?:poke:roflol:
I will leave those for you guys that actually use them, if I find one as cheap as I keep finding these cabovers I might buy one.

Oh and dont worry, even though I bought another one, one of mine will be getting put out of its misery when it dries out.

·
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you better get that arm lubed up the hand pump on that cab jack is gona get a work out
Oh Im used to it now, this is the fourth cabover I have bought. Thankfully I have a jack that is in really good shape that will be coming off my GMC.

The one I have had the least trouble with is the one on my 352, it very rarely gives me any trouble. I figure I will be rplaceing a few lines if anything, nothing major, and if something does go haywire at least I can find parts for this one.

·
106 Posts
cab pump

ya know i read on here a guy made a pop tester from a bottle jack .a good pop tester would b a cab pump easy to adapt to injector line and has a picup line to suck fuel from a pale when i do my pump ill let you know on that to . I realy gotta go now

·
326 Posts
Niiiiice; those old cabovers are becoming more & more rare

Reactions: SHADOW379

·
168 Posts
I sure wish someone would come along and rescue whats left of my old Frieghtliner CO.

·
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I sure wish someone would come along and rescue whats left of my old Frieghtliner CO.
You may have said the magic word for the reason no one has, freightliner. After owning an off brand COE with my GMC, I have to say I won't buy anything but a KW, Pete, or an international, but that's just me. I figure with the way junk prices are someone would have tried to get it off you by now.

·
Gear jammin fool
869 Posts
Looks pretty straight! Big bunk and all. Nice find.

·
168 Posts
My old Freightliner is the reason why Ill not own another one. I have sold quite a few parts off it to some guys restoring one out in California and an old friend took some pieces to fix his but what remains is still pretty good. Im probably going to use the steer axle to add a pusher to my Ford.

·
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Got a question for all of you, what do you think this truck would look like with white fiberglass fenders on it?

I can get a brand new set close to home that are already painted I believe, just wondering if it will look okay since there is already white on the cab.

·
Premium Member
1,022 Posts
Nice looking big bunk KW.. does the bed go from the rear wall to just behind the seats? or is there any floor space? always wondered.

regarding the fenders Personaly I like the fiberglass on trucks with longer frame rails. i think its because its painted that its nice to see the front and back of them? but if done right it will look good. im more old school and like the full stainless or 1/2 fenders

·
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice looking big bunk KW.. does the bed go from the rear wall to just behind the seats? or is there any floor space? always wondered.

regarding the fenders Personaly I like the fiberglass on trucks with longer frame rails. i think its because its painted that its nice to see the front and back of them? but if done right it will look good. im more old school and like the full stainless or 1/2 fenders
The bed goes from the back to right behind the seats, only the aerodyne models have room between the bed and seats, I want to say it is a full mattress, but I'm not for sure.

I agree on with ya, I would rather have a set of metal full fenders than anything, the only reason I was thinking about these fiber one is they are close to home and almost the same price as I would have in aluminum fenders before shipping.

·
Premium Member
1,022 Posts
Is the intierior button tuck diamond pleat? always liked that look its what I put in my RS.
I had aluminm fenders on my RS and they did not take the abuse of the spring ride. Im sure ryco is softer than the Mack camel back but???. always had cracks in them around the edge at the start of the curves. These new stainless fenders are great. Pricey to start but they dont flex and are so easy to keep clean. Just my .02

·
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You do know they make trucks with the motor out front right?:poke:roflol:
Well John, you would be proud of me, since the guy that owned this truck wouldnt ever cooperate it is still sitting in the same spot.

Here is the newest one I just bought.I think it will satisfy you. LOL

Attachments

·
39 Posts
Nice find. I almost thought I had a pic of it when it was new. My pic was from the summer of 82 but as you can see the one in my pic has 2 strap tanks and no door peep window. Anyway neat truck.:rock

·
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Finally got the T600 back in working order, here is a picture of her with the pulling tire and 7" straight stack on it. I still need to get some polish on the wheels and tanks.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts