The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
******* with some Bling
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took truck in for service yesterday they told me there was a recal notice out for my truck for the steering I asked what it was and he was not sure (didn't whant to say) I will know more next week when I take it back for them to finnish Anyone know about this??????:bang:bang:bang

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Took truck in for service yesterday they told me there was a recal notice out for my truck for the steering I asked what it was and he was not sure (didn't whant to say) I will know more next week when I take it back for them to finnish Anyone know about this??????:bang:bang:bang
yeah if your steering stabilizer has U-bolts holding it on they replace it with a track bar that have a bolt that runs through the bar.. mine truck was not one that was effected so not all will be..its kinda hard to explain...
-

Reactions: your nightmare

·
******* with some Bling
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just checked mine I have a bolt :woohoo

·
1,224 Posts
Mine had the U-bolts. Was replaced when truck was in for water pump replacement.

·
******* with some Bling
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Farmer how many miles are on your truck I haver a leak somewere on pasenger side I can see it leaking on the bottom of the block up front pasenger side Truck goes back in tuesday for repairs Axel U joints water leak lower control arm dif input seals both other than that truck run great

·
1,224 Posts
Farmer how many miles are on your truck I haver a leak somewere on pasenger side I can see it leaking on the bottom of the block up front pasenger side Truck goes back in tuesday for repairs Axel U joints water leak lower control arm dif input seals both other than that truck run great
53-54,000 milesat the time. Leak was coming from area you describe. It was impossible to see where it was coming from as it was running down the block. I was not even able to get my fingers in to feel around to find the actual leak. At least it was under warrantee. There is a weep hole in the casting right next to one of the pumps mounting bolts, it was more like a groove between the pumps mounting flange and the block.

Hopefully Dodge has pumps in there inventory now as when mine was in there was only 5 pumps:thumbdown in the Dodge system, I was able to locate one faster from a cummins dealer and had my dealer order it from cummins instead of waiting for the mopar system to get it. Also it is not the same as the 5.9 engine. 6.7 uses a a higher volume and pressure pump.

I had a radiator shop tell me the orange long life antifreeze is c**P :fanand he recommends not going over 20k miles without changing it. The lubricants in it swells the seals and rubber hoses. He recommends going to the green stuff once the engine is out of warrantee. :happymugs

Reactions: your nightmare

·
******* with some Bling
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
darn dealer reprogrammed my ECU Now my truck sucks no top end power went from 20.5 mpg @75-80mph to 18 :bang:bang:bang:bang called them and told them to put my old program back on

·
Built Not Bought
3,072 Posts
darn dealer reprogrammed my ECU Now my truck sucks no top end power went from 20.5 mpg @75-80mph to 18 :bang:bang:bang:bang called them and told them to put my old program back on
take that dpf wont have that problem no more except mileage with the lift LOL

·
******* with some Bling
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
didnt have a problem before till tech put his grubby hands on my computer :(

·
Built Not Bought
3,072 Posts
thats usually how it happens

·
284 Posts
They told me i was getting a new pitman arm.

·
1,224 Posts
I will be sure to tell my dealer to not do any recalls on the computer and ask him to put in writing on the work order, whenever I go in for the free oil changes. The only I time I see the dealer if it is for the oil changes or a warrantee issue.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts