The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New rubber (315/75/16) needed - You info please!!!

I have BFG a/ts now, and will need some new tires in the near future. I have about 40k on these with maybe 10-15 more. I like the looks of: Baja Claw (r), GY MTR, BFG m/t,& Toyo m/t. Can I get some info. from those who have any of these - can I get 40k plus without them being slicks, can they be had for under 200.00 /tire in this size, and any other info. Any other tires that may handle / ride close that of the BFGa/t just a little more aggressive please include as well.

Thanks in advance!

Bill

·
AKA - FFpsd
1,531 Posts
315 is just how wide the tire is, It would help to know how tall you want it and what size wheel you are putting it on. That will make a large difference in price. With those tires you are mentioning it will probably be hard to get them for 200 unless you have a 16" wheel and only want it to be 33" tall. Of those tires I would say your best bet for wear would be the toyo's. Dont have them myself but everyone says they wear great and there price is pretty cheap to. I will be getting the toyos or nittos when I get my lift :popcorn: . Most people say those two brands balance, wear, and ride the best for on/off road use.

Just my $.02

FFpsd

·
Registered
310 Posts
bfg ko all terains all the way :bow:

305 70 r 16 out of tyres international. akron oh
i believe the website is tyres1.com

i paid 168 a piece 9months ago. thay are the best still 10/32 tread at 35k
nittos are not nearly as aggresive as bfg all terrain but wear well
try looking at mickey new all terrains called atz i believe. looks like a good blend of all terrain and mud terrain. your going to pay though :) better chk into the compound. most mickeys especcially claws are to soft of compound.

my opinion :blah:

·
Quest for 13s on 35s!!
190 Posts
I had 315 Nitto TG on my Chevy. When I traded it for the Ford they had 20,000 miles on them and looked brand new, of course it weighed about half what the Ford weighs. I will say they will be going on mine as soon as I get around to lifting it.

·
4,318 Posts
I had SO MANY problems with my 315/70/17's that I had to ditch them after 2000 miles and 6 tires.. They would not fit the rim, or were so far out of round that they made the truck shake...

I went with Nitto Mud Grapplers, and i think they will wear MUCH faster, but they are an E rated tire compared to D, and are MUCH better built.. I would have loved the Nitto Terra Grapplers, but they do not make it in that size...

There are a few threads in the parking lot about my troubles...

Please look at this thread for tire discounts

http://www.thedieselgarage.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1328

1 - 5 of 5 Posts