The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard that the Cummins and Dodge contract will be up in 2010. Since Ford owns controlling interest in Cummins, has anyone heard of the possibility of a cummins engine in a Ford? Wouldn't that be a great combination?:usflag

·
62 Posts
I think it would be an ok combination, but I dont think Ford has anything close to controlling interest.

·
Powered By Ford
2,438 Posts
I've heard rumours, but most are just peoples theories and nothings been expressed by the higher ups about any of it.

·
603 Posts
You were lied to.

·
459 Posts
For the MILLIONTH TIME on any of these diesel sites, FORD DOES NOT OWN CONTROLLING INTEREST IN CUMMINS!!!!!!

·
2,126 Posts
This Needs To Be Put At The Top Of All Of The Ford Forums!!

·
Registered
87 Posts
fjo said:
I heard that the Cummins and Dodge contract will be up in 2010. Since Ford owns controlling interest in Cummins,
A demonstration of the internet's ability to propogate BS at the speed of light.

·
Got Diesel?
824 Posts
If a deal were in the works I wouldn't be able to talk about the topic. But I can honestly say that no deal is in the works.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Dodge's contract is up only for the big trucks, they have a contract for a long time with the small diesels in the jeep and the new engine that is going to be in the 1500 and dakota's...

·
203 Posts
I think that in 2010 when the cummins deal is up, Dodge will move to a mercades benz diesel motor. But that is only what i think. A personal opinion nothing that has been said, that i know of.:sofa

·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It is just a rumor. I email Ford's customer service center and there response is below:

Ford does not own any portion of Cummins Inc. In 1994, Ford purchased 10% share of Cummins stock and currently uses Cummins B5.9 and C8.3 engines in their F-series trucks, larger than F-550. However, as of January 1, 1997, Cummins purchased back all of the original shares from Ford, therefore Ford no longer has any direct financial connections with Cummins. Alternatively, Ford still purchases some Cummins engines and are considered a very good Cummins customer.

I still think it would be a good combination. As much trouble as International and Ford have been having with there diesel lately, its is difficult to trust them. Ford should just bring back the 7.3. That was a good engine.:usflag

·
Dieselis' Maximus
1,744 Posts
Sooo... Wheres the New Rumor? :shrug:

·
277 Posts
I red in a Mag at Wal-Mart the other day that Ford WILL be developing there own V8 diesel. Its going to be a 6.7litre and will be released in 2010. Because of this, the 6cyl desiel has been put to the wayside for now.

·
Registered
868 Posts
RoscoeStroker said:
Just wait until Sterling Brings out the Bullet. Its a Dodge truck with Sterling written on it. Of course a choice of two engines. Cummins or Mercedez.

http://fleetmag.com/images/article/1175262860863_d4_10.jpg

go there and check it out.
one diesel option as of wright know mbe 4000 will never fit.
they are testing with the mbe 900

http://www.sterlingtrucks.com/P.asp?...m&searchId=651
Introduction of the Bullet
First introduced in March at the NTEA Work Truck Show, the Bullet rounds out Sterling's lineup of reliable work trucks.

"Together with the Sterling 360™, the Bullet makes Sterling the only commercial vehicle manufacturer in NAFTA to offer a complete line of Class 3-8 vehicles," said Matthew Stevenson, director of light commercial vehicles for Sterling Truck Corporation. "Sterling is now a true one stop shop for truck buyers in Canada as well as the U.S."

Competing in the Class 4/5 markets, the Bullet is ideal for applications including construction, residential services, landscaping, municipal services, utility, and pickup and delivery.

"Like all Sterling trucks, the Bullet can be customized to meet the specific demands of the Canadian market - especially applications that require trucks to work in inclement weather," said Stevenson. "This truck was spec'd with Canadian needs in mind."

Available at select Sterling dealerships in late fall 2007 throughout Canada and USA, the Bullet has several impressive features that come standard, including a powerful Cummins 6.7L ISB engine with exhaust brake, a power take-off prep package, and a rugged 86.4-cm (34-inch) wide, 50,000 psi frame for easy body builder upfit. A number of application prep packages will also be available, including a snowplow package.
ExpoCam visitors to booth #4860 have the chance to get an up-close look at the following trucks:
Sterling Bullet with powerful Cummins 6.7L ISB engine
Set-Forward Sterling® with 450 hp MBE4000 engine, tractor configuration and viper red paint job
Set-Forward Sterling with Cummins ISC-315 engine, Tenco USA plow and red elite paint job.

·
Super Moderator
4,247 Posts
You guys realize that Sterling is nothing more than a Dodge under another name right?

DCX owns: Freightliner, MB, Detroit Diesel, Chrysler (Dodge/Plymouth), Western Star, Sterling and one other I cannot recall off the top of my head.

Rebadged Dodge.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Ahh hell let's start another..comes factory with nitrous, and optional quad turbos. Also you can buy the economy engine with a measly 500hp that gets 25mpg or the High horse motor with 800hp and only gets 20mpg...I think that's all i've heard from my service manger so far..will update with more info...hope this clears some things up...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts