The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i heard that one of my buddys has a new sct flash tune that has 300hp. i dont know how true that is. i even heard they have a new drag tune. can somebody tell me if this is true or not.

·
2,183 Posts
Not from what i've heard. Sounds like hes fibbin to ya

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
I would be more inclined to believe it if it came with a modded fuel pump. 275 seems to be the limit with the fuel availible from the stock HPFP.

·
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah thats what i thought too. i know they have 250hp but i didnt think 300hp tunes would hold up too well on a truck without a new transmission. but from the looks of it the 08 transmitions are holdin up good.

·
Truck Toyz
653 Posts

·
Chirpin Tires...
1,402 Posts

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
cooked or just softening up?

·
773 Posts
you can't just keep us hanging!

Reactions: akk82

·
2,183 Posts
:shrugs:hijacked

·
Truck Toyz
653 Posts
I was on my way home from my ranch, stopped at the sign and started to take off normally, when it went to changed to 4th the rpms just jumped up and didnt go anywhere, then it just slammed into gear. The check engine light came on and so did the wrench on the odometer display. Direct Drive clutches are gone. I was running Eric's Extreme race tune.

guess he's just another clown who starts rumors on our forum cause he has no life:wedgie
You can go screw yourself, sorry I have a life. I can't get on the forum everyday sometimes.

·
543 Posts
Sak's been around from the beginning of this 6.4L stuff.
There is no reason what-so-ever to doubt his word.
If he said it happened, it happened.

Aside from that, this is why I'm personally dealing with the JOLTS from Matt's tune.
These high powered tuned maps should not to be dealt with in a softer shift manner, or the tranny will die a quick death.

·
I hate all day....
371 Posts
I was on my way home from my ranch, stopped at the sign and started to take off normally, when it went to changed to 4th the rpms just jumped up and didnt go anywhere, then it just slammed into gear. The check engine light came on and so did the wrench on the odometer display. Direct Drive clutches are gone. I was running Eric's Extreme race tune.

Is your truck an early Job 1? My dads truck did the same exact thing. I think the early SCT tunes did same damage to the trannys.

·
2,183 Posts
guess he's just another clown who starts rumors on our forum cause he has no life:wedgie
guys i'm 99% sure this was meant as a joke, ease up on the man :happymugs

·
113 Posts

You can go screw yourself, sorry I have a life. I can't get on the forum everyday sometimes.
Did it go back into fourth gear, or to fifth? If so did it slip bad in fourth? If it went into fourth gear again and didn't slip I would think your alright. Like Josh said I would try to clear the codes and give it another go around, but you probably already did that. Let us know what happens.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts