The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is This New Tuner Better Then The Excal 2 And What Does It All Do. Is It Going To Be Worth Switching

F

·
0 Posts
From what I have been told it's going to be like an "attitude monitor", has the ability of the XCAL2 built in to it. It will be able to monitor parameters, but I have heard those parameters have not been decided on yet. Suppose to debut at SEMA and be on the market shortly after.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
It's going to be a programmer, just like the Xcal2. However, it will allow for more than three programs and it will also allow you to do more than one vehicle. However, the XCal2 will still be available. I doubt you will see anything available for the diesel trucks until after the first of the year. As far as the monitor, we'll need to make the appropriate diesel parameters available and also have a way to calibrate it for a thermocoupler for the pryo.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Eric,
Im vary interested to know if it will be able to do some on screen data logging ...like wot runs with ICP, TP ....EBP, Map..ect...just make it easier getting info for you to work with...
jschall

·
77 Posts
Eric,

Let us know when it is available...I'm standing in line waiting...

·
Diesel Pro
2,652 Posts
wonder if it could be used to monitor CPs?

·
417 Posts
http://news.hspn.com/articles/780/1/...ice/Page1.html

This was the only info that I've seen so far. I'm waiting to find out if it will do all gauge readings on the screen:pyro, trans, engine temps, battery, etc.

I wonder what the price tag will be in the beginning

·
Registered
461 Posts
banksforddiesel99 said:
wonder if it could be used to monitor CPs?
Monitoring Cylinder pressures is much too involved to watch on a screen, it could say 3000 psi but if it was at Top dead center then boom, problems.

·
152 Posts
groupbuy groupbuy groupbuy groupbuy groupbuy groupbuy groupbuy groupbuy
that' all I can say:sly:

·
BLING BLING
636 Posts
This will not be a shift on the fly will it?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts