The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As many of you may have already noticed, our website has undergone a very much needed renovation.

Basically, the entire site has been replaced, and our forums have a completely new look and feel compared to the old one. There are numerous changes to the basic operation of the site, in addition to many new features to make life simpler and easier for both the customer and our crew.

First off, as many will notice, there is a new customer/dealer login form on the front page of our site. This feature has not been enabled at the moment, but will play a very important role by the beginning of next week. Once enabled, all users of the new site will have access to several new features to help eliminate many of the problems and complications that have previously been associated with setting up the Phalanx consoles and associated tuning.
When the feature becomes active, our current forum users will log into the site and forums from the main page login. Upon logging in the first time, a vehicle and customer profile will need to be filled in appropriately before continuing on. This will allow our crew to instantly view any needed data about your truck and tuner, and eliminate many of the timely back-and-forth communications involve with sending in tune requests, reporting problems, and accessing tune files.

Some features of the new database-

All vehicle information stored on our server for easy access to our crew
All tunes stored permanently and available to the user at any time (for existing customers this
will be implemented with new requests and replacement tunes upon issue)
Ability to upload and securely store a copy of your vehicle’s stock file
All tune requests will be sent through the site, instead of directly to email- reducing many time
consuming errors in communication, such as incorrect VIN numbers, strategy codes, ect.

Current forum users will be integrated into the system shortly. Upon accepting all new orders, a username and login will be issued to each new customer. Profile information can be input once the Phalanx console arrives to you, and the needed tune request can be sent with a few clicks. All new tune files will be uploaded to your profile and downloadable at any time.

Dealers and existing customers please note that ALL new tune requests need to go through the form. If any special instructions are needed, there is a comments section where such can be mentioned. Use of this will greatly reduce many of the typical errors that occur; as such no new tune requests will be accepted via straight email to our calibrations department. All instructions provided with new tuners will be updated per this as of April 29, 2009.

As a note, all new user registration for the forum has been suspended until next Monday; as anyone added from this point on would have to be registered twice (once again after the current users are added). After the “transfer” occurs, anyone who has problems accessing the forums or needs a username and password issued can contact us accordingly.

·
2,821 Posts
He stated in the message that that feature wasn't enabled yet. Chris

·
Training Wheels King
1,301 Posts
Looks great. I am VERY VERY VERY intereste din the GPS addition to the DD. What all is involved?

I would really like to know how the GPS performs, I know you could probly but a cheap one for around that price too.. hope it works well!

·
I like Pretty Girls!
1,332 Posts
I couldn't register for the old site either..
Geroge you have to email them first... its to do with keeping spam away.

Email them your user name along with your password and they will set you up within a day or two.

·
Chirpin Tires...
1,402 Posts
wtf...i got on the spartan website and forum last night, and it had the new stuff and looked great...well now, i try getting on at work and the old website is what comes up and wont let me get into the forums..says they are updating and it will work shortly(same message it had up all day yesterday)

anybody know whats up with that?
thanks

·
Registered
639 Posts
wtf...i got on the spartan website and forum last night, and it had the new stuff and looked great...well now, i try getting on at work and the old website is what comes up and wont let me get into the forums..says they are updating and it will work shortly(same message it had up all day yesterday)

thanks
Might have something to do with cops, you, and a pink 4 wheeler:happymugs

·
Chirpin Tires...
1,402 Posts
Might have something to do with cops, you, and a pink 4 wheeler:happymugs
and your ******* left us, we were fixin to go to jail

and it was really faded, so it was kinda tan LOL

·
142 Posts
Looks great. I am VERY VERY VERY intereste din the GPS addition to the DD. What all is involved?

I would really like to know how the GPS performs, I know you could probly but a cheap one for around that price too.. hope it works well!
It works great. Simple install you get another SD card and a GPS cable that plugs into the back of the DD. The only complaint I have is there's not a shortcut to switch back and forth between gauge monitoring and GPS, you have shut down the GPS and go back to the gauges.

·
Registered
168 Posts

thanks
We just changed things over. DNS (domain name service) takes 24-72hrs to fully propagate across the interwebs. Some people will still see the old site until their ISP/Provider updates their DNS records - which generally happens with 72 hrs of any changes.

·
Chirpin Tires...
1,402 Posts
just checked it, works like a champ now

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts

PM Mick1955 and he can tell you a bunch about it. Its not to expensive either. I would have already gotten it if i needed a GPS.

·
2,183 Posts
new webste looks AWESOME :thumbsup. I'm excited.

·
Spartan, True Performance
411 Posts
new webste looks AWESOME :thumbsup. I'm excited.
I agree!!! Dayne did an excellent job, and put in a lot of hours on it and the web site....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts