The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
SLAPS President
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New injectors!!

Yesterday I took a drive up to RCD for a set of 155's and an AirDog I (lifting into the stock pump)..... He also wrote me three tunes, tow, street, race... I loaded the street tune for the drive back and all I can say is.... HOLY CRAP! Now I see why everyone likes the bigger injectors (that better Aaron? LOL)... The power is just incredible....

Just wanted to give a shout out and kudos to RCD for the top notch, awesome work....... Thanks Josh & crew (& Brent)!

·
Premium Member
5,567 Posts
not sticks... injectors... LOL can't wait to hear how they do pulling your camper....

·
3,306 Posts
great news.

Reactions: teamroper60

·
2,821 Posts
Congratulations! I can't wait to put mine in this spring. Chris

Reactions: teamroper60

·
SLAPS President
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
post up some vids doing a 4wheel drive launch like we did in my truck..LOL
Brent,

While it was fun to ride in yours when you did that, I seriously doubt I am gonna do it in mine.... I sure don't need the truck breaking down on me......

·
Rollin' Coal
379 Posts
man im ripped off, i dont live any where near any good shops.

·
3,306 Posts
man im ripped off, i dont live any where near any good shops.
haha me to. innovative and RCD are probably the closest to me. each one is probably around 12 hours away in either direction.

·
Registered
108 Posts
if you dont mind.... what did parts and labor run u

·
SLAPS President
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
if you dont mind.... what did parts and labor run u

I don't like posting prices since parts, etc.. can go up pretty quick and I don't want to speak for someone else. Sorry. Just give RCD a call and ask. That is what I did prior to going up there...

Congrats, feels like a new truck I am sure. So how long till you get a tranny?
Yes, it does feel like a new truck! Interestingly, the engine is now just about as quiet as it was new and it idles smoother than it has in years....

I hope I don't have to get a new tranny anytime soon... I have about done all the "playing" I intend to do with the new power.. I actually got these for improvements in towing my camper, which is headed to the dealer for some minor repairs next Tuesday. So in the next day or two I am putting the tow tune in it. Chances are, that tune will stay on it for a good long while as it will probably be my DD anyway....

·
SLAPS President
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I see. I was waiting for the 1/4 mile slips. LOL
You'll grow old and die waiting on those! LOL LOL I've never run it down the track and don't figure to start.. I just don't see a crew cab dually as a racing rig........:thumbsup

·
22 Posts
I have the exact same inj. in my truck. Your going to love them for towing. pulls like a train. I can get about 29 psi on boost if I ease into it in overdrive pulling 10,000 lbs. I like that it will hold a gear alot longer. 80,000 miles on the inj. and loving it. enjoy!

·
illadvised and dangerous
405 Posts
Teamroper what turbo are you currently running and after you get settled will you let us know how you like it egts, mpgs etc?

·
SLAPS President
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Teamroper what turbo are you currently running and after you get settled will you let us know how you like it egts, mpgs etc?
I'm running the stock turbo. I have about 500 miles on it so far with the new injectors, all running the street tune Josh wrote me. Standing on it (WOT) from a stop, I get a good cloud of smoke but it clears up quick. Rolling into the throttle from about 55mph, it builds to about 30psi of boost (and the speedo climbs like a rocket) with little to no visible smoke.

Cruising at 65mph, my EGTs are only about 650°, which is about 50° higher than they were before on my old tunes.

Based on that, I think this turbo is sufficient for these injectors (at least on this tune, something hotter might be a different story)...

I have not checked the mpgs yet since I did some "playing" with the new power. I'll report back after I have run a couple of tanks of fuel through it in the tow tune and some sane driving.....

·
SLAPS President
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Update...........

I have the exact same inj. in my truck. Your going to love them for towing. pulls like a train.....
Yesterday, I towed my camper (which weighs about 13.5K- 14K right now) to the dealer for some work. This was my first time pulling anything with these injectors.. I loaded my tow tune over the weekend, to let the truck/trans adjust to the tune.. Granted it was not a long trip (about 50 miles) but it involves some decent grades, etc... I have to say, jreinert hit the nail on the head.. The truck pulls like a train!! I was at the bottom of some grades running 63mph and about half way up them, I could accelerate up to 70mph with just a slight increase in throttle.. No downshifting required.. My EGTs were running about 700 degrees on flat ground and just under 1000 degrees on the hills.. Based on the differences I have seen between summer and winter EGTs prior to the install, I feel these will be just fine during the summer (I expect to be around 800-850 degrees on flat ground and 1100 or so on those hills during the summer months)..

At this point, I could not be happier with my decision to put these injectors in...

·
2,821 Posts
Sounds Good! Chris

1 - 20 of 39 Posts