The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tires were about down to the wear bars, at 31,600 miles (factory Firestones). Picked up a 3/8 extended shank nut for wood bin (not sure of correct name). Instead of paying for a flat repair and missing out on a $70 rebate that ends in 2 days, bought 4 new tires. Was going to get new tires anyway once the rainy season started. By feel, the side walls seem thicker/heavier. The specs say it weighs 4 lbs heavier then the factory Firestones. FWIW, I never had good luck or life on Firestone auto or pickup tires.

Attachments

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Dayum Mike... Your about 8k in front of me!

·
Super Moderator
1,777 Posts
Hope anyone has better luck than me with the AT3s. I have 15,600 on mine which are at or a fuzz below the wear bars. :swear

I bought them due to the E rating and 55,000 mile warranty. But needless to say I was a bit disappointed. Just for the heck off it, I e-mailed Cooper and they replied the next day with a person to call. I called the guy and we had a good discussion. He said he would have expected to only see about 30k with my truck (still bit disappointing), but then he went on too say that he really sees low mileage results from PA. He said maybe it is something that is in the roads (????), or as he called it, we must have asphalt demons out this way chewing on our tires.

But he just said always get tires with the mileage warranty and cash in on it. Not that they will give you a new set, but it helps "ease the pain." Oh well, still need to save a few pennies to get a new set.

Reactions: Brian Jagdman

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Ill be shopping around January. Thinking going back the Michelin LTX at2s

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ill be shopping around January. Thinking going back the Michelin LTX at2s

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
For all highway use I would consider them again. But I put to many miles on dirt and gravel roads on the farm and the grave chewed them up and only lasted a little over 30000 miles for me. Bigger block tread patterns seem to hold up better for me. So far no complaints on my cooper's. Literally Can't get them to hydroplane. We just had extremely heavy rains with flooding .

·
1,324 Posts
I put michelins on mine really like them but concur with Dodgefarmer I chewed my tires on the rear last winter snow plowing. They don't like spinning on cold gravel.

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Hope anyone has better luck than me with the AT3s. I have 15,600 on mine which are at or a fuzz below the wear bars. :swear

I bought them due to the E rating and 55,000 mile warranty. But needless to say I was a bit disappointed. Just for the heck off it, I e-mailed Cooper and they replied the next day with a person to call. I called the guy and we had a good discussion. He said he would have expected to only see about 30k with my truck (still bit disappointing), but then he went on too say that he really sees low mileage results from PA. He said maybe it is something that is in the roads (????), or as he called it, we must have asphalt demons out this way chewing on our tires.

But he just said always get tires with the mileage warranty and cash in on it. Not that they will give you a new set, but it helps "ease the pain." Oh well, still need to save a few pennies to get a new set.

My dad has them on his half ton and they do great! But I went another route with my truck!

·
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've put a couple thosand miles on theses tires now and still impressed. They are quiet, smooth and probably the best rain tire I have ever put on a pickup. We have been getting quite a bit of rain with local flooding(been in water over the nerf bars on county roads, to get into some fields), water standing on roads and I literally cannot get the tires to hydroplane. I have been purposely running the tires into the standing water to see when they would hydroplane, got to get to at least 70 mph.
Oh also a great way to wash the underside of truck:roflol::roflol:

Still need a lots of rain to get out of the drought as dams are still very low.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts