The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok got my new truck and am totaly impressed! Been a diesel tech forever I know the 12v had the KDP and the 24v had the lift pump injection pump killer problem. What does the common rail have? Wher do I start got to have a little more the HO 325hp is great but I hear 500hp is easy true or false?

·
Registered
699 Posts
yup, not really to hard. programer, box, depending on your setup that might be it. But you will be needing a trans. for sure tho.

·
Upside Swordfish
1,917 Posts
excatly what bill said.. his truck is SICK!!!!!! so he knows what he's talking about.. Bill got himself a little competition when i get my truck though LOL LOL LOL LOL ... just messing around there... anyway.. trans for sure.... then get CAI afe stage 2... new injectors, smarty stacked with tst, turbo.. 7'' stacks... but def a trans

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tell me more on the trans same as the 12v as far as mods? Goerend, suncoast or??

·
Upside Swordfish
1,917 Posts
HTS or suncoast... HTS's customer service is absoultey a F*cking mazing... i pick hts over suncoast anyday... they both build strong *** transmissions and they will last threw ever how much power you put through them.. my trans when i get my truck is about 7k... but its going to be able to hold up to 1200hp.. so i have no worries about blowing it

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Will a fass 150 series work on the common rail? Or is there something better?

·
Upside Swordfish
1,917 Posts
FASS 150 will work.. its what mostly everyone with 500+ is running.. im personally going to run 150/150.... Fass is what everyone else is going to tell you also

·
Registered
699 Posts
im going to run the glacier system. its waiting to go in in my garage right now, but honestly i havent put it in cuz i still have good rail pressure. over 20K still. how that is i have no idea, but i do

·
Registered
699 Posts
i think im gonna go try to get a dyno done today. i have been itching for a while.

·
TDG Singles Club Mem #57
552 Posts
BillM2004 said:
i think im gonna go try to get a dyno done today. i have been itching for a while.

I would like to know what you are putting out

·
Registered
699 Posts
help me out, read my new thread.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I did 486 h.p. 855 ft./lbs. minus pump mod. (arson kit). And..... stock clutch:pointlaugh yessir she was a slippin' a lil'.

·
Registered
17 Posts
i would upgrade the cp3 if you are gonna get into heavy modding, and i would go with the fass 150/150, although the cp3's doesnt cost near as much to replace as the old p-pumps, or vp44's you still dont want to have to do it, keep in mind, fuel to the pump, and keep your pressure up, fuel=lubrication, even though there isnt much in the new ulsd, its still better than none, and i would upgrade the injectors, depending on your goals, you want to make hp, but also keep your egt's down, so a good set of gauges is a must also, i know on the 03 models, they mounted the lift pump on the side of the block, but you have an 06, i believe they have the in-tank pump, which is just that more aggravating to replace.. :shootself: someone please correct me if im wrong, also tranny, they hold up to about 75hp above stock on the auto's and around 100hp over stock on manuals, a good billet input and output shafts, and a built tc will get you what you want.. or something like a southbend or valair for the manual.. also a good intake, i really like the k&n intake tubes, but filters, i know i have one, but im changing because they are lubricated, once they loose that, you get all kinds of trash in your intake, and you dont want that in your turbo, go with a dry filter from amsoil... you wont be dissapointed.. just my :2cents :Thumbup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts