The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI all,
i tried searching for my answers, but didn't really see anything that caught my eye, so i thought i would ask all of you. I am currently looking for an F250 Diesel in the 99 and up year range. My father-in-law's friend has an 2003 F350 Diesel with about 176,000 miles and told that this engine is just breaking in. I know this is a general question, but how true is that statement? I mean anything with that type of miles has got to have problems somewhere, right? So what do you guys recommend I look for in a truck when it comes to mileage. I don't want anything with a crazy amount of miles, but if I can get the right deal with a person who has records of keeping the truck maintenance up, I would consider it. Are there years that I should avoid? I would guess the first year of any platform change, but that isn't always true. Any help in these areas would be helpful in my decision making. Thanks Guys, and by the way, I don't intend on pulling anything crazy with this truck, we have a small camper and medium sized race closed trailer that we use for moving items around when needed. Thanks, Mike

1 - 1 of 1 Posts