The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day all. I'm new to the forum, and I don't yet own a diesel truck...but I'm looking.

I live in upstate NY (Syracuse area) and right now own a 27' Keystone Sprinter that I pull with a Ford Expedition. My wife and I are looking to upgrade to a 5th wheel camper, so we'll need a truck come next Spring.

I'd welcome any suggestions that anyone may pass along. I'm presently leaning toward a one-ton diesel dually, thinking that it should handle just about any 5th wheel we find. Granted, it'd be a bit of overkill for our present tow-behind. But we want to move in steps.

I'm planning on retiring in about a year, and my wife and I want to travel in the Western states. So I want to make sure I buy a truck with enough "guts" to handle the mountains.

So...any advice on what truck to buy...and what to avoid...would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
You looking to buy new or used?

·
683 Posts
For sure you need to make the decision on used vs. new. If you go used, a much more time consuming endeavor because of the number of choices you'll have. New...now that's another story. Any of the Big 3 will work for you. It's simply a matter of personal preference.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts