The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the dmax and my question to anybody is there any little things that i have to worry about that in the long run will cost a small fortune to fix, like my old truck was a dodge 2001 and when the lift pump went it wiped out the vp44 injection pump. which cost about 1300 bucks to fix. My new to me truck is an 2003 gmc 3500 crew cab dually 4x4 with 125000 miles on it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The LB7 engine is known for the injectors going bad. GM covers them under warranty for 7 years 200K miles, other than that you shouldn't have any worries with your new truck.

·
3,939 Posts
Front hubs and idler/pittman arms dont last long. rear axle seals also have a tendency to go bad. Also check your rear brakes to see if the rotors are rusting (I mean actual rust....not just the glaze you normally get). Check your Tcase fluid, make sure its filled and there are no leaks. Same with the rear axle. If you get a "clunk" in the drivetrain when parking or leaving a light, then the splines on the driveshaft yoke need lubing. Same if you have a clunk in the steering...the Intermediate shaft needs lube.

Interior, the stepper motors in the cluster have a habit of failing, making your gauges act very strange (read high or low or not at all). They can be easily fixed with parts off Ebay.

I know this seems like a long list, but its just some of the things we've come across in these trucks. More annoying than anything, but a few of them can cost big money if you dont keep up on them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts