The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 08 f350 drw king ranch that I bought on whim. Its got 95K, and knew nothing about 6.4 before buying. I'm reading a bunch and need some advise on what would everyone do to ensure its life is long. I am committed to installing a spartan and CAT/DPF delete, changing the oil and fuel filters. I think a coolant filter is good idea, and contemplating one of the coolant pressure sensor systems. Anyone run fleetgaurd blue as coolant?

What about the injectors, I see they fail open and flood the cylinders, worth replacing as insurance? Anyway someone can you test them? Anyway to know when they go bad before its too late.

Transmission filter change worth the effort?

Rear diff oil change?

I am going to send an oil sample to blackstone just to see the existing oil condition.

Any other ideas?

I requested an Oasis report on the site but haven't seen it, anyone know if that is still occurring?

·
TDG Mafia Member #25
1,447 Posts
Howdy and welcome to the forum. All sounds like good ideas, but I've not had to deal with injectors as mine is only sitting at 20k miles and had four of the injectors changed already on a recall.

Adrianspeeder

1 - 2 of 2 Posts