The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to this site. Pardon if I'm not posting in the right pace but, I have a question that may seem tame to many here.

Regarding "Not For Hire" a search that brought me here in the first place. As an old retired guy, drove CDL local years ago, As an avid experienced Harley rider (still do) I'm starting a motorcycle assistance/rescue service only as a result of personal experiences to help others. No cars, trucks, off-road or mud parks. Bikes on hard surfaces or perhaps into a shallow ditch. Insurance and legal wise, advice on the not-for-hire designation may help.

Totally enclosed 20' cargo trailer with a 4,500# winch inside to pull what can't drive in on it's own, 4,500# rated trailer pulled by my 2018 F350 (gasoline) truck.

Will "not for hire" signage help me remain legal and still allow me to perform my intended service? (I'm in Texas but may cross state lines at times) Obviously I'm concerned about the cost of taxes, insurance, and permits required.

·
329 Posts
If you are charging money, you are for hire and need to have the appropriate insurance for a towing company.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Jasong. Are there insurance companies that specialize in that type of coverage, to get a good rate, or should I just check with the company that I have my personal trucks and motorcycles?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts