The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aight I just bought a new f-350 crewcab dually two days ago for my new welding truck. It has the 3.73 rearend in it and all the other fancy ***** but what I wanna know is how and what can I do to get more performance? And before everybody starts chimming in about programmers and all that I don't wanna void my warranty! I was wondering if changing the air intake would void warranty? Now i've also got an '03 with a 6.0 leaker in it so I'm not new to all this programmers and all that stuff.:happymugs

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
You wont see much of a mpg or performance gain with out removing the dpf. And to do that you will need tuning. Weather it be a 275hp tune or a simple dpf delete tune.

·
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea but by doing that there goes the warranty right? I was also told that ford had a program in it that when you put a tuner on it it locks it in and can tell that it was there?

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
All dealership mumbo jumbo. There have been several members that have had here trucks in for warrenty work (myself included) that are running the same tuner and have not had our warrenties denied. It all depends on who's tuner you by. That being said. There are some dealerships that accually encourage thier customers to do a delete setup. My dealership has offered to do it for me.

·
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What does one sound like with the dpf delete on it? What is the best tuner out there for the 6.4? On my 6.0 I got an sct.

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
SCT seems to have a decent product now that most of the bugs have been worked out. But most of the possitve feed back has been from the Spartan package with stroker67's full delete. The truck is not a bunch louder with the delete in. the turbos quiet it down a lot. No barking exhaust like the 6.0.

·
Registered
238 Posts
The truck is not loud with the DPF removed. It sounds like a nice dual exhaust gas engine and you can still roll down the window and order a hamburger with it running. It has a really cool turbine sound at shutdown. You can hear the intake more than the exhaust inside the cab. It makes some pretty neat sound when the boost drops suddenly. Not just because I sell Spartan tuners, but they are simply the best 6.4 tuner at this time. I would not spend money on an intake if not changing the exhaust at least.

·
222 Posts
When you have the delete pipe on and a tuner, is there a lot of black smoke. If so when? Just when you hammer down or on regular throttle

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
When you flog on it. Other wise it's smokeless.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts