The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought an 03 ext cab loaded tv,bose,leather, what will i need to know about this truck ? may poss want to do mods where to start? :chevy

·
TDG Mafia # 81
1,903 Posts
Hold on to your wallet, its going to be a wild ride.

Watch for pulsing idle, bad injector pressure regulator will cause that.

Leaking T-case, thats caused by pump rub- easily fixed by Merchant Automotives repair kit.

Fuel in the engine oil, discoverable by a rise in oil level- caused by bad injectors.

Other than those, you should be good. If it doesnt already have an exhaust, choose one of your liking and get rid of the cat and muffler. State laws and inspections pending!

With a stock trans, keep your HP below 100HP added or you take a chance of limping the trans, and thats bad.

Hope this helps,
Tony

·
1,409 Posts
I say get some gauges and watch 'em for awhile before you do any upgrades. Stay on the garage, there is a TON of info floating around here.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks this palce is a good place for info

thanks guys this place is good place for info the injectors have less then 1000miles on them i had a friend of mine who is the transmisson guy at a loc. chevy dealer run the vin trough his computer at work an found the injectors are very new soo im wishing for the best but we will see by the way gauges are in the mail..:Thumbup:

·
Registered
16 Posts
good luck with your new truck the only bad part is once you start its hard to stop doesnt seem to be a limit but how deep your pockets are good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts