The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Got it for $1100 + I poured a couple of Concrete Pads and a 20' Sidewalk for his new house (Which cost me absolutely nothing)

Damn this thing is fast!! He owned it for 3 years and has only ridden it about 15 times, I guess he was scared and it has been sitting in his Pole Barn for about 6 months.

I just bought an FMF STS Pipe and Titanium Silencer (The Stocker has a little rust and a dent on it) from Rocky Mountain ATV. Cleaned out the Carb, Replaced the Plug, Changed the Oil, Flushed the Radiator and put a new Air Filter in it. This baby starts on the First Kick (Usually) every-time.

Does anyone know of any Forums for Suzuki Dirt Bikes? Specifically the RM-250?

·
Super Moderator
3,188 Posts
Koool toy!
A 2 stroke that starts on the first kick?:poke:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What do you mean?? Every bike I have owned usually starts on the first or second kick. Keep In mind that I really take care of them, Usually Rebuild the top-end every 20 hrs or whenever the bike takes more than 2 kicks to start, whatever comes first.

The only bike I was not able to start in 1-2 kicks was a 97-98?? CR-500R, What a Beast. That thing was so freakin fast it wasn't even fun to Ride. I would love to put that motor in a TRX450R Chassis. From what I've heard, those motors make about 80hp stock.

·
Super Moderator
3,188 Posts
My limited experience with 2 stroke bikes include a CR500, & a KTM 250. The 500 was a bit hairy, and way too hard to start, like a 5 min. process.
The other 2 strokes that are troubled starting are chainsaws, but none were mine.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
10-4.... Yeah, Like I said, that 500 is a beast. The Problem with two strokes is they foul plugs alot if they are not tuned correctly. And that's what makes it hard for them to start (Usually).

·
Super limo owner
1,122 Posts
nice looking dirtbike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts