The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced my OEM tires on my 2008 with the Toyo MTs and now it pulls right big time. Tire place rotated the tires and checked the alignment, everything is fine. I called Toyo and they said they have this issue on Dodges but haven't heard of Fords having the issue. Dodges have put on Steering Stabilizer to fix the issue. I can't find one that can fix this for the Ford.

Any Ideas??? I don't want to swap the tires out as they look freaking awesome!

·
518 Posts
Check out Icon Vehicle Dynamics......Ive got one and it works great.

·
Resident GINGER
775 Posts
You could also have a bad wheel bearing....

·
518 Posts
I bought it with the kit, so I never had the pull problem.

I got it all from TruckToyzperformance

·
Registered
221 Posts
The Toyo MT's have the most radial drift of all of the tires out there. You should be able to fix it using offset upper ball joint cams.

·
111 Posts
I just put the toyo mt's on and if i cut the steering wheel slighty left and right on the hi way the truck seems sloppy almost like its on ice. Is this the radial drift that you guys are talking about?? Or is this just normal for a mud tire. I had BFG muds on my old truck and it didnt do this???

·
855 Posts
:popcorn

·
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just put the toyo mt's on and if i cut the steering wheel slighty left and right on the hi way the truck seems sloppy almost like its on ice. Is this the radial drift that you guys are talking about?? Or is this just normal for a mud tire. I had BFG muds on my old truck and it didnt do this???
Nope the radial drift is if you take your hand off the wheel then the truck will drift to one side. Mine drifts toward the ditch pretty bad. I can't take my hand off the wheel for more than a second. I still have the issue after a thousand miles but I don't have the cash for the fixes right now either.

·
1,060 Posts
Nickdoni I had the same issue with mine, I couldnt hardly drive down the freeway fithout fish tailing the fix I found was in tire pressure. the rears are pumped up to much. I had 50psi all the way around when they installed them. it took about 3 weeks and 3k miles with a digital caliper gauge to find the ideal pressure I run 45 up front because of the wieght of the motor you can get away with this on the rears I run 41psi there is no wieght in the bed so the tires will become round with increased speed and the two center lugs are then taller then the shoulder of the tire. lower the rear pressure and you should feel a huge improvement, when you tow a heavy load raise the pressure back up.

·
111 Posts
Thanks for the input. The tire shop had 65psi all the way around. I lowered to 50 at all 4 and it is alot better. I will go a little lower like you said. How are your tires wearing?? Did you get your trucks tire pressure monitor re calibrated? Getting tired of seeing the light on the dash

·
1,060 Posts
Thanks for the input. The tire shop had 65psi all the way around. I lowered to 50 at all 4 and it is alot better. I will go a little lower like you said. How are your tires wearing?? Did you get your trucks tire pressure monitor re calibrated? Getting tired of seeing the light on the dash
Mines a 03 is no tire pressure warning:rock But I have 25K miles on mine right now and havent seen 1/2 of the tread gone yet I sould see 40-50K out of this set, I did have 3K in the bed of the truck and 5K lbs in trailer wieght for nearly 4K miles coast to coast at 72mph and I did see some accelerated rear tire wear but nothing to get excited about (like I said I use a digital caliper to check my wear) As soon as I lowered my rears the squirly feeling went away. Glad it helped

·
147 Posts
Have you already tried rotating the rear tires to the front and vise versa for grins?

·
111 Posts
I aired down to 50psi front and 45psi rear and its way better. (thanks guys). Im going to rotate next week to see if theres any difference. Love the tires though. Not extremly loud and look awsome on stock 20s. I still need to do something about the low tire psi warning thing though.

Have you already tried rotating the rear tires to the front and vise versa for grins?

·
62 Posts
Have the same issue with the low psi warning light. Took it to ford & they told me if you dont put the stock psi in the tires thats posted on the drivers door pillar - the light will never go out. I find it hard to believe that you cant calibrate to different tires but thats what they told me.

·
212 Posts
Have the same issue with the low psi warning light. Took it to ford & they told me if you dont put the stock psi in the tires thats posted on the drivers door pillar - the light will never go out. I find it hard to believe that you cant calibrate to different tires but thats what they told me.
Not true at all. I bought an additional set from Ford, leaving the stock one's in the original wheels and tires, and had the truck programmed for the new tires/psi pressure.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts