The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Slow 6.0
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
been a while since i raced my truck and the track just opened so i went up friday night to see how it runs with the calibration rolled back, my new tunes and an 03 turbo.

first pass 13.51 @ 98.5 with a 1.82 60'
second pass 13.49 @ 98.7 with a 1.81 60'
third pass 13.49 @ 98.7 with a 1.81 60'

tried to leave the line harder the 4th run but hopped the front end bad and let out, still made it threw the traps at 13.7 @ 97

big improvement over my runs 2 years ago which were 13.9s @ 95

all runs were with innovatives extreme race tune. mods are turbo back, home made egr cooler delete, 03 turbo, factory ecm/ficm calibration & tuning. truck is an 06 4x4 supercab shortbed with 20s xlt trim, 7200lb

·
3,051 Posts
Nice! Funny how runs 2 and 3 were exactly the same. Must of been in the groove for those ones. Thanks for sharing your times. It's amazing how quick a 1-ton truck can be with just a little tweaking.

Harry

·
3,306 Posts
very good man. I've got the same size truck, but it's an '04. I'd love to get to a track and make a few passes with the 190's and 64mm. Im hopeing for around a 13.0

·
Slow 6.0
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
harry, i think if i strap the front end down ill be able to cut 1.7 short times, that outta knock a tenth or two off, ill be very happy then. i never thought id run this quick with a stock injectored 6.0, maybe with some more tweaking ill get some more out of it.

strokin6L, with your mods i think 13.0 is being humble, i think youll run pretty far into the 12s with your setup. i have to pull my cab soon to do studs and was going to do 190s and a custom hybrid vgt in preporation for mid-low 12s.

·
3,306 Posts
harry, i think if i strap the front end down ill be able to cut 1.7 short times, that outta knock a tenth or two off, ill be very happy then. i never thought id run this quick with a stock injectored 6.0, maybe with some more tweaking ill get some more out of it.

strokin6L, with your mods i think 13.0 is being humble, i think youll run pretty far into the 12s with your setup. i have to pull my cab soon to do studs and was going to do 190s and a custom hybrid vgt in preporation for mid-low 12s.
Yeah 12's would be sweet! The last time i was at the track a guy had another SC 4x4 but it was an '05 i think and it ran an 8.7 in the 1/8th with just intake, exhaust and SCT with custom tunes. Not sure what that would be in the 1/4 tho.

·
199 Posts

I have an Elite VGT-SSX for sale. :thumbsup

·
3 Posts
How much boost were you building off the line?

·
Slow 6.0
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How much boost were you building off the line?
dont remember the exact amount, but im going to say 10-15psi. i remember i tried 20psi and the front end hopped and had to get out of it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts