The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Official TDG Doctor
5,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so im interested in this truck and just wanted to start snowballing some ideas.... Its a 99 2500 w/ a new motor 2k miles in it!!! Its already got some upgrades including:

100hp sticks
HRVP44
Holley Red
K&N Intake
Holset HX40 turbo
5" miters
ATS Tranny w/ Billet Input
Triple Lock TC
ATS Co-Piolet
Bored .40 over
Heads have been tweeked to support 70 psi of boost
Gauges

The seller is saying 500hp I dont see how???

If I get it my plans are:

Drag Comp or TST P-Max
SMARTY
ATS Arc-Flow
Intercooler Boots and Clamps Upgraded
FASS 150 System

What do you guys think and what do you think my final HP will be??? Any help is appriciated!

Buckler

·
Registered
33 Posts
well off the top of my head it should be around 500 at the wheels give or take. automatics loss alot more horse through them than a manual. but it whould be pretty quick for sure!! good luck man and keep us posted on what you find out!!

·
3,514 Posts
With a fueling box on it, I think you'd be in the 430-450hp range since it only has 100hp injectors. We built my friends 01 pretty similarly Hrvp44, Edge drag comp, and mach 4's (150hp) with an Hx40 first and switched to a Bell USB later. I didn't really like either turbo. Anyways, we saw a 468hp dyno run with the hx40, then the next couple times we tried to run it, it wouldn't keep traction on the dyno. And the last time it broke the dyno, or the dyno broke while it was on it.

Hp calculations based on wieght and ET and trap speed put that right at about 550hp. If they are good 100hp injectors with a drag comp it should get near the 500hp mark. Those turbos don't have great manners and it got very hot. The pyro would try to wrap back around I'm guessing between 1800-2100 degrees. Advances in turbos have been huge in the last couple of years though, and the truck had already been sold by that point. I think it could be done a lot better now.

Either way, you'll have yourself a very fun truck.
Sean

·
Mafia #42
3,646 Posts
get rid of the K&N tho, i hear they aren't good. Heck if its a decent price, that sounds like a very nice truck. Good luck :Thumbup:

·
4,158 Posts
I'd be careful with that turbo too, they are known for snapping shafts.

·
Official TDG Doctor
5,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well it is 16k but for a 99 the bank will only loan like 13k and id have to come up w/ the rest + insurance+ fuel+ other expenses and i dont think i can do that and go to college. My plans now are to keep the truck ive got...ive got a comp for it, but i think i may wait to hook it up untill i find a TDTC and a billet input shaft.

Nathaniel

1 - 7 of 7 Posts