The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finished my Turbo install on the LBZ. So far so good. I'm hoping to take it ot the track and see how it does with a single CP3 and stock injectors. Its an S475 with 83mm turbine wheel and a .90 exhaust housing.

Attachments

·
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:night

Attachments

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
HOLY CHIT thats a big turbo!!! LOL looks good Chris

·
********* and Mafia #90
14,261 Posts
going to light it with a f18 fighter jet? LOL Awesome non the less. Hope it performs well!

·
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So far it performs really well. I get about 44 psi out of it at WOT. At highway speeds its really hard to light without dropping into manual mode to downshift. From a stop its not too bad to light. Once you get it to about 12 psi you can stand on it without any smoke. If you floor it from a stand still it blacks out the road.

Brake boosting is not hard to get it lit at all either.

And it does sound like a fighter jet once its spooled :D

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
Need to get a Video of that thing man :thumbsup

·
Euro Sparky/ Wrencher
1,065 Posts
Hey Doc.,

J'ai une question de vous demander ce que vous planifierez de traiter avec l'interrefroidisseur sont vous laisse cela dans le stock ou planifie de changer au type de marché des accessoires ??

C'est un grand fils de turbocompresseur de chienne que vous avez là-dedans.

I have one question to ask you what you will plan to deal with the intercooler are you leave this in stock or plan to change to aftermarket type ??

That is one big sob turbocharger you have in there.

Merci,Marc

·
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Doc.,

J'ai une question de vous demander ce que vous planifierez de traiter avec l'interrefroidisseur sont vous laisse cela dans le stock ou planifie de changer au type de marché des accessoires ??

C'est un grand fils de turbocompresseur de chienne que vous avez là-dedans.

I have one question to ask you what you will plan to deal with the intercooler are you leave this in stock or plan to change to aftermarket type ??

That is one big sob turbocharger you have in there.

Merci,Marc
I'm going to keep the stock intercooler until it gives me a reason to change it, like a leak or something.

I took it to the track friday night and it is a lot harder to light at the track then it is while just driving. Long story short I need a looser converter. I can't build more then 4 psi staging as hard as I can and the turbo doesn't really light until its at about 12-14 psi. I wound up blacking out the front half of the track as the turbo didn't light until the 330' mark. it netted me a 12.9 @ 110 mph. I tried a second gear launch with t/h on and it ran worse. Turbo didn't light until about the 1/8th mile mark and netted a 13.7 @ 108.

At least the trap speed is up from the stock turbo. Once i get a looser converter it should gain even more. Best 60ft out of all those runs was a 2.2, worst was a 3.2. I just can't wait to get it down where it should be :(

Reactions: french277

·
Euro Sparky/ Wrencher
1,065 Posts
Merci de me laisser savent comment il est sorti et je suis sûr que le convertisseur de marché des accessoires fera le poêle la question sur quoi vous l'avez maintenant.

Thanks for letting me know how it come out and I am sure the aftermarket converter will slove the issue what you have it on now.

Merci,Marc

·
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
New TC is on the way. I went with the Precision Industries sled pulling converter. I drove Dustin's truck with the same turbo and a slightly looser converter then what I'm going with and it was a blast to drive so I decided :D

·
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got the new converter in and refreshed the trans. Everything works great and even with being able to brake stall it up to 2800 rpms I was still able to tow a truck on a trailer though the mountains just fine with my trans temps never getting over 175.

Only thing wrong with the trans after 50,000 miles of abuse was the c3's had some burnt clutches. Partly due to the fact that my pump was never modified to up line pressure so I was running a SC iv with stock line pressures. I now have a few added goodies to get me up to 300 psi line pressure. Added the Gmax c3's and kept the SC IV clutches in the C1, C2, and C4 spots. I'm putting off the motor build until this winter and going to race this season as is. When the motor comes out I plan on the C3 oiler and the Gmax c4's.

·
Euro Sparky/ Wrencher
1,065 Posts
Doc.,
Merci de renseignements de mise à jour avec votre jeu en haut jusqu'ici.

Thanks for update info with your set up so far.

Merci,Marc

1 - 13 of 13 Posts