The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is the best place to buy gauges and what gauges should I get?
I found a site that has Glow Shift Gauges, but I don't know if they are any good. The price is right.

Should I get this setup or is there a better product out there?

Is there anything else that I need to order or will this come with everything I need to install them?

Thanks,

Nate

·
6,337 Posts
I have seen a few sets of these gauges and they look cheap. I would go with Isspro gauges if it were me. Should be able to get a full set with pod for under 300 shipped

·
6,337 Posts
Other thing I just noticed is no "boost" gauge. Just a boost/vac gauge.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jayman69 said:
I also just bought the ISSPRO Gauges. I like them and they went in easy. I got mine from Diesel Manor for $299.00
What boost gauge do I need to get? 30, 40, 60

·
Registered
596 Posts
I also like Isspro gauges. Autometer is ok, but not nearly the same quality as Isspro.

What boost gauges depends on mods. Stock trucks will see around 17PSI, chipped trucks will see up to 24PSI +/- because the ECM will defuel and set a CEL light. If you have a boost fooler for the MAP sensor and are chiped and adjust/unplug the waste gate you can get a lot more boost.

I run about 32PSI (on a upgraded turbo) with how I have my wastegate set so I run a 40PSI gauge. I wouldn't recommend running more than about 28PSI on a stock turbo as it will greatly decrease it's life. More boost is certinaly possible, the turbo I have will go to about 45-48PSI but my truck is a hauling truck and I don't race it all. I just want good smooth power and an engine that will last.

What all have you done to your truck or what are you planning on? That'll make it easier to recomend parts.

·
TDG MAFIA MEMBER #71
1,288 Posts
Autometer is easy install also...........I like my C2's

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1040 WreckerMan said:
What all have you done to your truck or what are you planning on? That'll make it easier to recomend parts.
Sounds like I need to get the 30# and if I go nuts with mods, I can always get a new gauge.
All I have so far is a drop in filter, and a programmer. I ordered a stage two intake and I will be getting a 4" exhaust soon. After that, I might get a better "chip" and if my turbo fails, I will upgrade it (maybe the ball buster? :shrug: ). I plan on stopping there, but I know this stuff is addicting. I started modifying my ATV and I now have nearly $10,000 in to it over what I paid for the machine. Good thing the manufacturers give me the stuff to test :woot: so I don't have to pay for it. I wish I could do the same thing for my truck.:idea:

·
204 Posts
I got the Nexus series from autometer.... they are amazing.

and exanding them is easy... I will get some pics up eventually.

I spent $1k on gauges.... sounds extreme.... but the way u can customize them... makes it worth it to me.

·
6,337 Posts
It is extream... They are WAY too proud of that line...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Isspro all the way

I would recommend them, especially on the pillar mount. They are back lit so when driving at night they don't shine into your eyes. I have autometers in another car and the lighting is annoying at night. As for quality I think that most of the major brands are fairly equal. Once the gauges are in I would seriously look at getting an exhaust to go with the intake. Let the smoke begin!!

·
TDG MAFIA MEMBER #71
1,288 Posts
Autometer is fine if you buy the LED dimmer. I will agree that it is a PITA at night without the LED dimmer, at least mine were. LED is much brighter than a standard bulb.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts