The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just registered here and just want to say the advice i see givin out is great!
I just sold my ford 2000 f350 dually and i am pretty close to buying a dodge!. was hoping some of you guys can give me some info on the 2500 diesel. We do some decent traveling with an enclosed race trailer (32ft) probably weighs fully loaded around 12lbs give or take. Is this truck able to do the job? i take good care of my stuff and i am not one to beat fire out of my stuff... are there safe mods then can be done with out putting the head gaskets at risk? i ford never gave me an ounce of trouble and i hope the dodge can do the same. and other info would be great...thanks guys! mike!

·
1,224 Posts
just registered here and just want to say the advice i see givin out is great!
I just sold my ford 2000 f350 dually and i am pretty close to buying a dodge!. was hoping some of you guys can give me some info on the 2500 diesel. We do some decent traveling with an enclosed race trailer (32ft) probably weighs fully loaded around 12lbs give or take. Is this truck able to do the job? i take good care of my stuff and i am not one to beat fire out of my stuff... are there safe mods then can be done with out putting the head gaskets at risk? i ford never gave me an ounce of trouble and i hope the dodge can do the same. and other info would be great...thanks guys! mike!
:waveThe Dodge 2500 will handle a 12000lb trailer easy. I pull a 36' 5th wheel that weighs the same and its no problem even in the mountains on grades of 8% and better. The EB I find is almost to aggressive and I often turn off the tow/haul mode so I can manually control the gears. Pushing 88,000 miles and its been trouble free. Seems most owners have way less troubles with dpf issues if they drive it hard and tow verses those who are stuck in city traffic on a daily basis. If I had buy again, I wouldn't hesitate and buy another dodge cummins.

·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:waveThe Dodge 2500 will handle a 12000lb trailer easy. I pull a 36' 5th wheel that weighs the same and its no problem even in the mountains on grades of 8% and better. The EB I find is almost to aggressive and I often turn off the tow/haul mode so I can manually control the gears. Pushing 88,000 miles and its been trouble free. Seems most owners have way less troubles with dpf issues if they drive it hard and tow verses those who are stuck in city traffic on a daily basis. If I had buy again, I wouldn't hesitate and buy another dodge cummins.
what does EB and DPF stand for sorry if i sound like a dummy ..not up on abrevations!

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
what does EB and DPF stand for sorry if i sound like a dummy ..not up on abrevations!
EB is Exhaust Brake

DPF is Diesel Particular Filter.

·
1,224 Posts
:whs
No problem that you didn't know the abrevations, I just assumed you did.

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
It depends on how you want to go about it, "IF" you can or are willing to give up warranty. Since the DPF you cannot just toss a tuner on it or a chip on it. They can cause the DPF to clog or crack or at a miniumn they will cause the truck to Regen ( process to clean out the dpf) more, which will not help with mileage. A lot of guys have had good luck with deletes and tuning, some have had issues. Not sure that this is all that helpful. I would say there are more people with good luck than that have issue since they deleted.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts