The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where exactly is the transmission cooler located? I look around the grill area and under the truck and see several coolers. Also what steps are needed to replace it with the V-10 cooler.:thanks:

2002 PSD F-350 DRW CC

·
TDG Mafia - Booze Runner
3,705 Posts
You can replace the AFT cooler itself with the 6.0 cooler, the V-10 cooler was a water-to-Oil cooler. It is a drop in Radiator with and internal ATF cooler, I ran one with the stock early 99 ATF cooler and it preformed extremely well..

·
750 Posts
The V-10 cooler is the same cooler as you have but larger It fits between the A/C condencer and the inter cooler and bolts to the same bolts, You need the cooler and you need to tweek your lines a little to make them fit.
I do the v-10 cooler swap when i Install BTS trannies for brian.
They used some differant coolers in the Diesel some have molded lines on them that come over to the passanger side where your tranny lines hook to them and some of the earlyer ones the tranny lines came right to the cooler and thread in . the cooler Part # is XC3Z-7A095-CA about $120 if you have the newer type then you will need to buy a 4 foot lenth of 3/8 steal tubeing and bend it to fit as needed.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
wesmaria said:
Where exactly is the transmission cooler located? I look around the grill area and under the truck and see several coolers. Also what steps are needed to replace it with the V-10 cooler.:thanks:

2002 PSD F-350 DRW CC
Follow the lines from the transmission to the cooler if your in unfamilar territory. The tru cool cooler series has one that's the same size cooler as a 6.0. PSD 6.0 is the way to go.
-
-
-

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the information. I'm glad that I found this forum, I would be lost without it.

·
0 Posts
wesmaria said:
One more question, any supporting vendors carry the tru cool coolers?
Pose that question in the vendor forum. I would assume that one of our vendors would be able to get it.

I have a tru-cool max in my truck...and it made a world of difference.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Also the Tru Cool Max series has an external bypass. You would be able to keep the OEM bypass on your 4R100 or use the Tru Cool external.
-
-
-

1 - 8 of 8 Posts