The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
CENTRAL IOWA #1
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have my o1 quadcab sb it has ran a best of 13.01 in the quarter i would like to hit mid to low 12s and not run water meth anymore what are you guys running i'm thing two stages in 150-200 hp range

·
3,514 Posts
I would think about addressing the head before running nitrous, and I would also consider a better injector and larger turbo as well. The addition of nitrous, will more efficiently burn the fuel that you already have, however that inturn raise cylinder pressures and make you more prone to head gasket failure.

01quadcab has a truck very similar to yours in set up, except he runs DDP110's and a 62/13 instead of the 57mm s300 that the super b is, and no water/meth. He runs 12.9's with his set up.
With all that said, if you are still convinced that nitrous is the route you want to go, contact Adam Winslett at left coast diesel. He sprayed his VP44 truck to over 1000hp, and has been playing with nitrous in all kinds of vehicles for many many years. He can steer you in the best direction for your set up, and definitely won't try to steer you away from it.
Sean

·
CENTRAL IOWA #1
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the help i have the nitrous parts laying around but not a ton of money diesel drags are september 25th at cedarfalls and i would like to hit mid 12s i heard nitrous is easier on the head gasket then water meth is i know the injectors aren't the best and the turbo isn't enough so i figure i can clean up the rest of the fuel with nitrous thanks a bunch for the help i'll give him a call today.
Blake

·
3,514 Posts
Nitrous is easier on headgaskets than water/meth to an extent. Any time you're running actually burning more fuel whether it is through the addition of more air, or nitrous, you are going to run higher cylinder pressures and run the risk of damaging the head gasket.

However, it seems like you already have the parts, and a relatively tight deadline. So nitrous is probably your best bet for getting where you want to be. Good luck, and I'm sure you will get your truck to move pretty quickly.
Sean

·
1,189 Posts
Just be careful with the nitrous it's really hard on parts. My truck now runs 12.74 with a set of 200hp ddp's but I am having a turbo bark and converter lock up issues. We will be working on that thinking the converter is locking at top of 1st instead of in 2nd and I don't have a manual valve body. My 60' time is 1.80 I think I could get it down to a 1.75 and run in the 12.6x range. But I am also probably going to a bottom turbo and larger sticks. also forgot that going from the stage 3 jammers to 110 ddp's it was good for 48hp.

·
3,514 Posts
I would've expected more of a drop in E.T. than that going with that much more fuel. Must be time for the air to help it out.
Sean

·
1,189 Posts
it added 44hp to the wheels with the injectors. but yeah more air is coming and more fuel too.. time for compounds. hope to have it ready for sept 19th here in redding. you should bring out the ole blue vp truck...

·
CENTRAL IOWA #1
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks alot Sean i gave Adam a call and he was very helpful hoping to hit some low 12s i'll let you guys know how it does. anyone interested in a snow performance stage 3

·
3,514 Posts
Glad to hear it. Adam knows his way around nitrous and 24valves about as well as anybody.

01, I will definitely try and roll up there for that. Are they doing dyno, drags and pulls? I'd be interested in pulling my truck too, just to see what it'd do. Your set up will be wicked with a s480 under there.
Sean

·
1,189 Posts
yeah they are doing all 3 I have a post in the events section about it. Put on by the shop thats been doing all the work to my truck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts