The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2005 KR - Air conditioner will not engage. Have checked fuses and relays under the hood. Full of Freon. There seems to be no power for the A/C out under the hood or at the fuse box. You can engage the A/C from the dash but nothing happens. Anybody have any ideas or have seen this before?

·
Registered
1 Posts
It would be best to turn for help to a car repair shop; it can be hard to figure it out by yourself. However, if you don't have any mechanic skills, better don't even start fixing it. It's the best option because your intervention can cause more damage. Or you can drive without using A/C until you find the solution on your own. When I turned for help at the car repair shop, they told me to stay away from the A/C and contact them for aircon not cooling because they have many clients thinking they can handle the problem by themselves and in fact doing only worse.

·
Registered
1 Posts
There are lots of factors that can determine such issues. How old is your car? Malfunctions can appear because of the aging of your car too. In general, I advise you not to leave the problem as it is so it won't develop into something bigger. Also, as you couldn't find the core issue, don't try to repair it yourself. Reach out to an expert that has a license in this domain. Their requirements are so significant, as you can see here Licensing Requirements for HVAC Technicians and Mechanics [2022 Update], so they will definitely find the best solutions to all of your problems.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ac pressure switch?
Clutch relay?
Clutch fuse?
Bad ac clutch?

to test the pressure switch; with the ignition ON and AC controls ON AC MAX disconnect the pressure switch and jump the terminals with a paper clip. If the compressor clutch CLICKS the switch maybe the problem. If nothing happens reconnect it check next step.
Try removing the clutch relay and Exchange the relay with another one for testing. If no click next step.
Find the AC clutch fuse if blown replace with the same size/type. No click? Guess what… next step.
Go back to the clutch relay and jump terminal 30 to 87. Any click? Or guess again…… nope find a good mechanic.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts