The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It all started on the way down to smokin 2008 I noticed that my mpg had dropped alot but I never thought anything of it. Then put it on the dyno sat. and only made 324 and 688 @ 20 something psi. David said that it could be the wastegate stuck or intercooler boot busted. Is there any other reasons for this?

Also the problem got worse, I ran 3 times on the drag strip the same day/night and my times increased by around a second with each pass. I went to work this a.m. hooked up the trailer with the zero turns on it and now it wont pull past any more than 15psi. any suggestions?

I ordered 3ft of high pressure, high temp hose today to make the new boots. What else should I check?

·
3,514 Posts
That sounds like a boost leak to me. Spray some hair spray in the boots when you go to put them back on, it helps them hold better.
Sean

·
2nd Gen Guru
2,641 Posts
Check it see if you cracked your intercooler by chance too...

You might have to make a test boot for the turbo and pressurize the system to 30 PSI and see if there is any kind of leaks... Soap it down good and look for bubbles... This is the best way to check for leaks...

·
Registered
86 Posts
like mopar man said check the intercooler, check the gasket on the intake manifold, and check your boost line from your wastegate

1 - 4 of 4 Posts