The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Diesel Maniac
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1993 f350 7.3 no turbo 5 spd std. 2wd no PCM
All fuses ok, the fan switch is ok the fan motor turns by hand, but no current to fan when switch is turned on. I was wondering if there was a inline fuse link
Somewhere? All you boys have been very helpful. I tell everyone about this site but I am the only one I know with any diesels

THANKS

·
Aimless Wanderer
929 Posts
1993 f350 7.3 no turbo 5 spd std. 2wd no PCM
All fuses ok, the fan switch is ok the fan motor turns by hand, but no current to fan when switch is turned on. I was wondering if there was a inline fuse link
Somewhere? All you boys have been very helpful. I tell everyone about this site but I am the only one I know with any diesels

THANKS
There is a blower motor resistor in the air plenum that could be burnt open. I think it is under the dash in your application but could be under the hood.This regulates the blower motor speed via the dash switch. Run 12VDC direct to the blower motor to ensure it is good first off after ensuring you do not have voltage to it. Usually these resistors are a single plug with four wires. The resistor pack when burnt open should allow the blower motor to run on only high, or extremly low rpm, (one or the other). If you have voltage at the blower motor itself in any blower motor switch position, ensure you have a good ground. If this is proven good, most likely the blower motor itself is history.

·
Diesel Maniac
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So far everything checks out, rheostat, motor, switch, fuse able links. Still no fan.
I recon I'll check grounds next

·
Diesel Maniac
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have checked and rechecked no power to switch. Fuse is good. Is there any help, what it could be?
Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts