The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after months of tinkering with stuff and getting the truck back on the road due to blown this and broken that...I finally got a chance to lift the truck last week a couple more inches. Well after I did the rear I had a vibration from 0-20mph that would shake the dash to no end. I assumed this had to be horrible for the output shaft on the t-case and the pinion bearing so I did some searching and found this.

Adjustable Center Carrier Bearing Drop Bracket - Precision Metal Fab

What I liked about it was the fact it was completely adjustable both up and down and for the angle which made getting the driveline angle much easier. Now the shimmy on take off is COMPLETELY gone. I guess I didn't realize how much I had before I lifted it this last time and was just rocking the carrier spacers that my lift came with.

For those of you who have the take off shimmy (i'd be all lifted trucks have some of this) I'd Strongly recommend looking at one of these. The price was right, the product was well made, and the end result was exactly what I was looking for.

Attachments

·
Auto's are for pansies
2,117 Posts
Good info. :thumbsup

So how much of a space do you have now for the new lift?

·
Auto's are for pansies
2,117 Posts
Let's say stock would be zero spacing, and if you adjusted it 2" down from stock, let's say that's 2" spacing. How much spacing do you have it set at now? Just wondering about how much spacer is needed for __ lift.

·
86 Posts
I have the same problem, but not as extream as that and someone on here somewhere posted that installing rear traction bars would help. It seems to be worse when I tow my trailer. Thanks for sharing your find.

·
78 Posts
The guy that builds those,also builds traction blocks. They are bieng installed on my truck right now.should get my truck back tommarow.will post pics

·
179 Posts
The guy that builds those,also builds traction blocks. They are bieng installed on my truck right now.should get my truck back tommarow.will post pics
I'm looking a their traction blocks too. LMK how they are. Are angled blocks better than flat blocks? I know angled will center my axle better but is there any advantage other than looks? Sorry for the hijack Jesse.

·
78 Posts
I got my truck back.I am highly impressed with the traction blocks.My truck has
the factory ride again,and the spring wrap is gone now.

·
13 Posts
Hey Jesse,

I ordered that same mount, should be here this week. Did you just keep trying different adjustment's to get it right? I'm also looking at traction block's or ladder bar's. Thank's for the info!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just eye balled it...I grabbed a yard stick and tried to make everything as straight as possible. The first time pretty much took care of it for me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts