The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2002 f-350 7.3 diesel ........yesterday my wife was driving in town and the truck went completly dead ...no electrical at all ......when we went to jump it it almost melted the jumper cables ..........the alternator test fine and the batteries are fine .....has any one had this problem before ?

Thanks

·
1,386 Posts
Yep. I had the same problem. It turned out to be the CPS (cam position sensor) I replaced it and the problem went away.

·
Registered
6 Posts
ID SAY CAM SENSOR

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have resolved the issue ......after testing the batteries again they needed replaced ......I testing the starter and it needed replaced(less than a year old . I also replaced the Starter relay .....it is all up and running perfectly again thanks for the input

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tjl said:
Yep. I had the same problem. It turned out to be the CPS (cam position sensor) I replaced it and the problem went away.

I have resolved the issue ......after testing the batteries again they needed replaced ......I testing the starter and it needed replaced(less than a year old . I also replaced the Starter relay .....it is all up and running perfectly again

thanks for the input

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have resolved the issue ......after testing the batteries again they needed replaced ......I testing the starter and it needed replaced(less than a year old . I also replaced the Starter relay .....it is all up and running perfectly again

thanks for the input

·
1,726 Posts
Must be typing from a cave. I'm getting a terrible echo on this end.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts