The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so we just bought an 86 F350 with the 6.9. It ran great and everything worked perfectly when I drove it home last night. This morning it fired right up and once again was running perfectly. Even in the cold there wasn't an issue starting up. We plugged it in to make sure the block heater works and when my husband got in the truck to leave for work, he turned the key and there was power but as soon as he turned it to start the truck lost all power. He was already late so he didnt have time to look at it and now it is bothering me.... Any ideas what the cause is and how to fix it??
Thanks Guys!! :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm not sure how the block heater would have affected the truck like that.... maybe it is just a fuse that happened to blow?? I just can't stop wondering whats wrong, lol....

·
69 Posts
The block heater should have nothing to do with it,it's just a plug and a heating element in the side of the block.I would start with,pull headlight switch,do lights come on,if not battery connections,if yes,go to starter solenoid,passenger side fender well. Most of your power from the batt's goes through the solenoid,you can jumper the lugs to check it.Hopefully it's something simple,keep us posted.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts