The Diesel Garage banner

No Power

1K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  double-s-diesel 
#1 ·
2001 f250 Superduty, 6spd manual with 140k miles. Truck was running fine. Went to the gas station turned the truck off and fueled up (with diesel). Left the gas station and truck was running extremely sluggish (idled fine). I could put my foot in it without much response seemed like it would start making power at about 2300 rpm or above. Any inclines that I would normally take in overdrive I would have to shift down and really have to put my foot in it to maintain speed. Like I previously mentioned I really had no acceleration when under 2200-2300 rpms. Drove for about 100 miles this way, stopped for a soda turned the truck off. Re-started the truck and it appeared all was fine. I still notice it being a little sluggish but not near as bad as it was.
Any ideas ???:shrug:

#2 ·
did it sound funny or anything. it could have been your exaust back pressure valve stuck closed for some reason.

#3 ·
Maybe your CPS (Cam Position Sensor) Someone else should chime in with more answers. Did the check engine light come on. If so get the codes read from the comp and that will help.

#5 ·
you probably wouldnt notice any funny sounds from the ebpv unless you had the windows down and a straight pipe.
do you have a boost and pyro gauge?

#8 ·
Maybe a turbo hose/boot blew off???? This same thing happened when I test drove an '04 6.0 at a local Ford dealership. I would floor it and 40mph is the best it would do then i would floor it again and it would take off like a freakin rocket!

#11 ·
How do you go about check the fpr ? Again truck seems to be running ok now maybe not 100%. When I had the problem it wasn't making great power at higher rpms it was only at 2200 to 2300 rpms in the lower gears that I could get any acceleration, in overdrive even at 2200rpms and above the truck was extremely sluggish; it almost felt as if I had no turbo charger. Thanks for the responses.

#12 ·
i think there is a screen in the FPR that can get clogged. someone will post a pic of it. the screen is in a 5/8 or so bolt on the side of the fuel bowl (at least the OBS's are). there will be a screen there. if you were really low on feul you might have stirred up so contaminates that were on the bottom of the tank.

#13 ·
SD,s dont have the screen.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.