The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to know. I have a 99' Dodge with 5.9 cummins. Auto trans, Kinda stupid Question. Smokes very little weather its on stage five or one, have 110 hp inj, afe intake, 5" duals out the back. no cat, Just no smoke. Running very well. Healthy. My buddys 07' has Banks intake and Edge like i have. Smokes a lot of black when on the throttle. Runs Great though.

I just like the smoke show. My truck runs awesome. so? maybe just a hint to make it smoke a little when i want it to would be great to.

·
2nd Gen Guru
2,641 Posts
With those kinds of BOMB's you should be smoking rather well... I've got just a a Edge Comp and I can create quite the cloud all by myself...

What ever kind of box you got I would check the wire tap on the injection pump... It might be weak or bad...

Check out my write up on my install...:Thumbup:
http://mopar.mopar1973man.com/2002 Dodge/BOMBS/edge comp/edge_comp.htm

·
24 Posts
where is your low fueling adjustment set at?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Edge Comp, was already installed when i purchased the truck. Not to sure on the wiring. I'll Check it out though. There is a deffinate difference is stages 1-5. All my buddys have single four inch with five inch tip. I have dual five inch out the back with six inch tips. I see very little smoke but lots of power, no cat.

·
2nd Gen Guru
2,641 Posts
CTBRITTAIN said:
YEAH YEAH...I found it..... read all of Mopar1973Man found what i was lookin for.... Thanks 1973man. Very helpfull.
Thanks! :Thumbup:
Sure saves a lot of typing on my part...LOL

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
If you really wanted to make your truck smoke you get a towel and..................I'll stop.

My 2002 runs perfectly fine and won't smoke regardless of how much fuel I give it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The edge boxes don't smoke much on the 24 valves. When I added 110hp injectors to that it made it flat out roll the coal.

·
2nd Gen Guru
2,641 Posts
Rollin Smoke said:
The edge boxes don't smoke much on the 24 valves. When I added 110hp injectors to that it made it flat out roll the coal.
Really??? Wow! I wonder how I'm doing this then??? :hehe LOL

(Stock fuel system just a Edge Comp)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Is yours maual, all the units i have sold and installed didn't do anymore than puff some clouds no day into night tho.

·
Registered
12 Posts
might be that the MAP is unplugged to.

·
2nd Gen Guru
2,641 Posts
Rollin Smoke said:
might be that the MAP is unplugged to.
Go to the bottom of my web page and the hook up information is there for a smoke switch...
http://mopar.mopar1973man.com/2002 Dodge/BOMBS/edge comp/edge_comp.htm

Now the video of me sitting in the driveway... Yes that was disconnected MAP sensor...

But the video of me playing in the snow MAP sensor is PLUGGED in and running 5x5... :poke:

I'm running 381/826 on the dyno... :evil:

·
2nd Gen Guru
2,641 Posts
blackcloudCTD95 said:
Mike you cheat so bad!! you unplugged the map!! nice looking truck tho if I do say so..! buy a 12v :poke:
CHEATING??? :shrug:

Not cheating just imotating the 12V with the AFC guts removed....:hehe Alls fair in love in war... :evil:

Thanks... Its been rather tough keeping my truck in good condition when you work hard with it and play hard with it...

·
Boost Junkie
318 Posts
My truck did the same thing. It would hardly smoke at all with just a box.
It would shoot out a small puff on startup and from a dead stop.

So i added some injectors and it really smokes now.

·
Registered
422 Posts
is that seriously the stock tranny!?! im impressed

·
Diesel Mafia #67
11,283 Posts
StrokeThisGoat said:
is that seriously the stock tranny!?! im impressed
:shrug: I put down 323hp on a stock tranny.. LOL she was hurting but it worked.. when I bombed my truck... I drove it arround on a stock tranny for 3 days.. that fluid looked like motor oil LOL

·
Diesel Mafia #67
11,283 Posts
Mopar1973Man said:
CHEATING??? :shrug:

Not cheating just imotating the 12V with the AFC guts removed....:hehe Alls fair in love in war... :evil:

Thanks... Its been rather tough keeping my truck in good condition when you work hard with it and play hard with it...
Who said anything about gutting? fuel plate and 370's stock timing with flog out pretty dammn good..

1 - 20 of 23 Posts