The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, i have a '95 powerstroke that i can't seem to get started.:damnit It has sat for about 3 years now. It ran when it was parked. I've narrowed it down to i'm not getting any fuel. Now i'm not really familer with the powerstroke diesels, so what components am i looking at that could be the problem and where are they located on the truck? Like i said, i'm new to the powerstrokes :pointlaugh and i have no idea what i'm looking at here. Any help would be appreciated. :bow:

·
455 Posts
the 95 has a mechanical lift pump in the valley it has a low pressure and high pressure side .. there should be a schrader valve in the fuel filter head.. in the valley also to bleed air and take pressure readings cranking you should see pressure build if you have good cranking rpms should reach around 40 psi .. fuel comes from the tank into the filter head and flows thru to the low side of lift pump back out of pump into filter again back out and into high side of lift pump from there it is supplied to the heads thru a y tubed pipe deal to rear of heads fuel returns to the regulator on the side of filter from ports in the front of the heads and then back to the tank... if you have fuel to the filter but get no pressure could be poor supply air in it or stuck regulator bad fuel pump

·
6,337 Posts
Got to have good juice too, if the batterys are even remotely dead it will not start even with good fuel supply!

·
382 Posts
hey make sure all your battery connections are good to battery, alt, starter, and soforth. three years is a long time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts