The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!I've been having problems with my 97 powerstroke. I had it die a couple of weeks ago on my way from work. I replaced the fuel pump(was bubbling out of the top, looked bad). That seemed to fix it, and then a couple days after that,it died when i was leaving for work.I had let it run a little(65 degrees out,new glow plug relay a couple of months ago) and it dies while i was leaving.Put a new CPS sensor (not from Oreilly's) Got a scan tool from a buddy and there were two codes for the CPS and One for the IPR. The IPR was not oily and the plug and wires looks fine Another couple of days of perfect running and then came out in the morning and no start. Not even a pop or catch.Cranked it three different times nothing.Unplugged the ICP sensor and it fired right up.Then later I checked the IPR and the nut on the end was loose so I tightened that.Drove it for the evening,shut it off once,fired right up. Next day I went out and it wouldn't start. Didn't even try. Unplugged the IPR sensor again. Nothing. Tried that three times. Battery was losing power so i put it on the charger for 45 min and tried it again. Fired right up. Took it into mechanic shop close by. He got the codes that I saw and he cleared them. Didn't seem to say much of anything in paticular. That was yesterday afternoon. Its run perfect ever since(he still has it) Always started up. When it starts it runs perfect unless it dies. HPOP was replaced 2 years ago. ICP sensor was too. It has enough oil and gas. No blow fuses, Dash lights all work,Oil pressure is fine, fuel pressure is too. Check engine light isn't on. Only time it was ever on was when I had the ICP sensor unplugged.PLEASE HELP!!!!!:crying::serious:

·
323 Posts
Have you looked at the FICM? The FICM needs to product 45 volts at one of the terminals or it won't fire the injectors. This will show you how to test the FICM: ficmfixer.com

Dave
Wrong engine Dave.

OP:
It sounds like your ICP is bad, again.
Alternatively, is the connector clean and free of corrosion or oil?
What is the intake temp sensor showing? If it's off it can cause funny things to happen, especially when it's cold and the engine thinks it's warm.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts