Discussion Starter #1
hey guys my buddy hasa 2000 model 24 valve dodge
we can be driiving just fine then swith gears and the throddle wont catch
wat the deal???
i heard it was the bell sumthin??

·
Registered
422 Posts
Sounds like an injection pump or an apps problem. If he doesn't have any pedal, thats what everyone is calling dead pedal on all the forums. You can do a search and look at other posts to see if he has any of the other symptoms related to a dead injection pump. On the APPS, i don't remember what the procedure is after you disconnect the batteries, but i bet someone else will chime in...

·
3,514 Posts
A dead APPS will throw a trouble code, the pump won't necessarily.

You can reset the apps and see if that helps, it only will if its out of calibration not if its dead. Disconnect the batteries and leave them disconnected for a while. I've heard as little as 30mins, personally, I just always do it overnight so I don't know if 30mins works. Then reconnect the batteries, turn the key to the ON position, but DO NOT START. Slowly depress and release the accelerator, the operative word here being slowly. Then turn the key back off, then start the truck. You may be able to start the truck without going back to the off position, I don't know I always turn it off first, but I doubt it matters. give this a shot, its free so its worth it.
Sean

·
Premium Member
2,641 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts