The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed my fass system today and when the boost builds up I have a noise like I have a boost leak and we can't find it. Would it be boosting more because of more fuel? Also I have a small leak at the sending unit do to rust so a new sending unit is on the way.:damnit I'm using a reman unit that is suppose tyo go in the 12valves but were going to wire it in. the price difference was 175.00:deal: :agreed: But as far as installing and working things went good no problems were ready to start adding a good chip and trans upgrade:rocker :rockon: :Thumbup:

·
3,514 Posts
I blew off an intercooler boot shortly after installing my FASS and injectors. It was kind of a dead give away, cause on stage 5 I could black out a 4 lane freeway for miles and I was only registering 10psi of boost. Stage 1 however, no more smoke than usual but still only ten psi. It sounded like a loud wooshing noise, when under throttle. I would check your intercooler boots and see if any of them look a little strange.

If it is an intercooler boot, as long as it isn't ripped, just get a better clamp and some hairspray, that method will make them hold wonderfully. Are you running gauges?
Sean

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No gauges yet I would like some in put on what gauges to get and what kind as far as manufacturer

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a '01 dodge and just put on the Autometer Z series boost and pyro. Also used the autometer pod and love them. I put the green bulb cover on and the gauges match the stock dash lights pretty good. I spent $200 on the works. Check out E-bay. Good luck.

·
3,514 Posts
yup, those are the same gauges I'm running. I like the autometer ultralights a little better, and they are roughly the same price, maybe a little more, but IMO I think they look way sicker. I would definitely do Pyro and Boost and fuel pressure. Those three are musts. If you have an auto get a trans temp gauge as well. I got all for gauges, the A-pillar and the dash mount kit for the 4th gauge for roughly 400 from rip rook at Sourceautomotive.biz. Those are the main four, or three if you have a stick. good luck.
Sean

1 - 5 of 5 Posts