The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well guys got a CEL on the way to work today day and guess what...i got the famous P2000 and P2262.......i guess its new turbo time....and to think my dealer said they have been seeing less turbo issues latly...:gaah

·
Super Moderator
1,777 Posts
:thumbdown Sorry to hear the news. I have been in "discussion" on another forum about this issue, as I honestly do not feel that things are being handled in the most 'customer satisfactory' manner.

Long story short, the what is to be the latest TSB, states that a customer has to come over several visits, prior to a turbo replacement. The usual drill. A few visits for reflashes, then maybe a turbo cleaning, and then a replacement if need be. There are to be some mileage limitations as well, but my pverall point is please address the root cause. If the turbos are it, then address it! I see a high potential bandaid of the reflashes and cleaning, basically to milk you truck until the warranty expires.:bang

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:thumbdown Sorry to hear the news. I have been in "discussion" on another forum about this issue, as I honestly do not feel that things are being handled in the most 'customer satisfactory' manner.

Long story short, the what is to be the latest TSB, states that a customer has to come over several visits, prior to a turbo replacement. The usual drill. A few visits for reflashes, then maybe a turbo cleaning, and then a replacement if need be. There are to be some mileage limitations as well, but my pverall point is please address the root cause. If the turbos are it, then address it! I see a high potential bandaid of the reflashes and cleaning, basically to milk you truck until the warranty expires.:bang
Yeah I talked to my service guy and Im trying to get around the bandaid BS and straight to the new turbo since this is the third time I have been down this street....I have got 10mo and 12K out of original turbo and 10mo/12k out of the one they put on. Im just happy its not coming out of my pocket.. the only thing that worries me is that we are supposed to head to the smoky mountains the week of Jul 6. :nunu:

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got the new flash. and to be honest the truck does feel better but since mine is a 07 I may be behind on the flashes.. we shall see...

·
Super Moderator
1,777 Posts
Do you know what flash you went from and to?

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Unfortunately I do not. But the ol seat o the pants says something is different.

·
Super Moderator
1,777 Posts
Yeah, I "think" I felt a difference in mine too, when it was reflashed. Mine went from an AP to an AS. But I think the '07.5s are a bit different.

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wow so these are the new 6.0's only dodges version...... what causes them to go out?
some are some aren't. I have been 11800 mi since my last problem. I hope this fixes them. the guys that have the deletes don't have these probs, but I bought this truck cause I wanted the warranty so its kinda the reason I have yet to delete..its gonna happen but I don't know when. The EGR system is blamed for this due to the more soot into the intake..and then back through the turbo.

·
Redneck with some Bling
421 Posts
If you get an updated flash from the dealer it my not be a good thing Dodge service bulletin # 18-007-09 says any ECM with buil date after march 4 2009 will not alow programer uploads and will disable the motor or 2007 that the ECM was replaced on also so be aware :bang

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you get an updated flash from the dealer it my not be a good thing Dodge service bulletin # 18-007-09 says any ECM with buil date after march 4 2009 will not alow programer uploads and will disable the motor or 2007 that the ECM was replaced on also so be aware :bang
Im hoping for the best...on all counts...

·
268 Posts
Sorry but that's incorrect info. If you get a whole new ecm in your truck after march 4 2009, it is supposedly not to allow programmers, but they cannot flash your current ecm to that, you would have to have a total replacement. So flash away. Just don't let them replace it. I'm sure in time someone will crack the new ones too.:thumbsup

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry but that's incorrect info. If you get a whole new ecm in your truck after march 4 2009, it is supposedly not to allow programmers, but they cannot flash your current ecm to that, you would have to have a total replacement. So flash away. Just don't let them replace it. I'm sure in time someone will crack the new ones too.:thumbsup
This is what I was under the understanding as well. Thanks for confirming that man. Hows the 12me software doing Fuzzy. Im getting closer. :thumbsup

·
1,060 Posts
the ol seat o the pants might feel a differnce and still be a band-aid to a larger problem when the ecm sends-receive the MIL code (CEL) it could put the engine in a safe mode (reducing power and safegarding the motor from more abuse) till you get the ecm cleared out.
Correct if i am under the wrong impression...

·
268 Posts
This is what I was under the understanding as well. Thanks for confirming that man. Hows the 12me software doing Fuzzy. Im getting closer. :thumbsup
Still lovin it.:thumbsup
I really do hope you get your problems sovled neel, but you know there's only one way. Getting closer doesn't cut it, you gotta just go for it man.:haha

·
Built Not Bought
3,072 Posts
:whs tell ya what neel ill just give ya my edge/puck if you hack it off early.....no not really just put it up on blocks and put it in drive and let it put the miles on over night LOL:happymugs

1 - 16 of 16 Posts