The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if you guys have any ideas. I just installed my DTT and it won't shift into O/D. My friends used to do this from time to time and it was a bad output speed sensor, so I've already tried replacing that, but that didn't help.
Sean

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Something I never tried but kind of thought of. You know how you got your t/c solenoid wired so all you have to do is ground it out to make the circuit complete for the t/c solenoid? I think the O/D solenoid functions the same way (not positive though). It's the Brown wire of the bunch.

Could be a bad ground. That's very common on these, I know 2 people that put the switch on there just because of that.

·
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I got off the phone with Bill at DTT, and he told me that the electronics on the top of the valvebody don't cross over between the 99 and 00. So I have to switch those back over, and so does the guy I swapped with. So I will get that taken care of asap and hopefully that helps.
Sean

·
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Something like that. I'm having my friend send me the valvebody, and I'll just pull switch over all the electronics out on the bench. I'm kind of curious to know what the difference is myself. But yes, all the external plugs and everything are the same.
Sean

1 - 5 of 5 Posts