The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently added gauges. I had a # 10 fuel plate for about 2 months. Truck runs ok, pulled pretty good, did not smoke much:poke: . Over the weekend, I ground the stock plate pretty close to the #100 plate. When I first put it in, I did not put it all the way forward to be safe. I then drove and tested it. No change in how it pulled, actually less powerful that the #10 plate. Ok-then moved it all the way forward. Not much change. I have adjusted the smoke screw in some. Here is what is baffleing me, I assumed that with a #100 plate it would smoke alot, and have more power. It only smokes some black smoke right after shifting upon heavy acceleration. Boost #s are im the mid thirties when i go to shift, pyro #s look good. Upon heavy acceleration,the rpms pull up to about 2700-2800 or so. I just expected more HP and smoke from this combo. I also have the BHF, and 5 inch exhaust. Any ideas?

·
riding in the dirty dozen
184 Posts
make sure that u adjusted ur govenerarm right to. i went from a 100 to a 10 to and adjusted the govenerarm(never got around to the smoke screw)and it was a pretty good difference really noticable with the smoke. someone else will chime in but id take a look at that govenerarm for a start

1 - 2 of 2 Posts