The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I had a lil fuel leak on my holley blue the other day, and I fixed it, when I did I blew all the fuel out of the line to the tank so that it wouldn't just run out on me. After I fixed the leak and put everything back together I drove the truck, and I don't know that anything that happened has anything to do with me working on the holley pump.
But after fixing the pump I drove my truck, and well it would go good and get to a spot in the rpm's and just stop climbing, but my EGT's would go through the roof and my boost would fall to zero. It did this in every gear, so I thought I had a boost problem, but the more I played with it, the less I thought of it being a boost problem. It will hold 30 psi all the way up to 2100 or 2200 rpms and then it all just falls, the rpms will stay up but it is like the motor is defueling. What could be causing this, and I hope I make sense on what I am trying to say.:shrug:

Also turned the edge comp off and it did the same thing. But it will hold 30 psi up to 2100 or 2200 rpms.

Thanks for any help on this one.

·
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok latest on this one, I unhooked the batteries and let it set over night. It ran fine for a while, rpms would go up, boost would hold everything seemed fine. Then it started this again, so I am thinking it is more along the lines of the computer or a sensor. I am not sure, any suggestions on it now?

·
3,514 Posts
Have you checked for codes yet? That is where I would start if you think it is some sort of electrical systems error like a sensor.
Sean

·
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Had one code, 1694, but haven't researched as to what it is. But I cleared it off and it still did it. So still looking!

·
2nd Gen Guru
2,641 Posts

·
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hopefully I will get to the bottom of it this week. I left the battery unhooked again last night just to see if anything would reset, and once again it ran good for most of the day, and then all of a sudden it went to acting up. It runs fine, you would never know it had a problem as long as it stays below 2200 rpms. But now it has changed up to 2500 rpms. Well I am gonna check for grounds and connections as soon as i get a chance, any specific connections or ground places that need checked??

Thanks for the info so far!!

·
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I checked out most of the connections and grounds i could find quickly. And everything seems to be correct. Cleared off the code and drove it some and the code hasn't come back and it is saying there are none. This one has me beat at the moment, probably some lil something I am over looking. Maybe it will turn up soon, I just drive it and keep the rpms below the dead spot.

When it hits the spot where it defuels/dies if I keep the peddle pressed it will start trying to go again and then die back, it will keep going and coming. Well maybe I will find it soon, thanks for everything so far.

·
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Have checked all I can find, but am going to go over it all again. I guess I am going to have to get it hooked to a computer and see what it says. I talked to one guy, and he thought it might be a burned piston, but I don't feel that is the case, it runs too good up to the dead spot to be that. Another guy said to have the computer flashed and see if that helps. If I can't find the problem soon I guess I will have to take it somewhere.

Well anyways, thanks for the info everyone!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts