The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2008 Dodge 2500 with the 6.7L motor. I drove it two days and wham it stalled out. Dealer hauled it in and said it was all sooted up. Got it back and drove for 4 days and it did the same thing. Since then they kept it 4 weeks and replaced throttle body by intake,3 dpf filters,fuel injectors,fuel pump and cleaned the tank out. It ran fine for 2 days then the truck had hesitation at 60 mph and engine light came on but overhead said system ok. I went and bought all the goodies from H&S to delete the DPF and egr/cooler AND BOUGHT a H&S tuner, downpipe and dpf delete pipe. I want to have this done but I am wondering if this will solve my problems. Other than the soot buildup destroying this rig everything works good on it. Has anyone had all these issues and said the hell with it and deleted all that stuff??? Any help would be awesome because I am at my wits end with this truck. Mike

·
Still kickin
670 Posts
I haven't had the issues you are referring to, but I do know that 90% of the problems with these trucks is emissions related. I bet if you delete everything, you won't have any more issues.

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
your right

Thanks alot. Mine started around 45,000 miles. I just deleted it all the other day and it not only is not plugging up it runs like a a totally diff truck. Sounds like a semi truck and the turbo spools fast and my gas went from 16.7 hiway to 23.1. I love this truck now.

·
79 Posts
All my problems started at 30k miles on a camping trip to Colorado. Towed fine, but no cruising allowed. Dealer found 5 codes egr,egr, egr, dpf, dpf. Nothing worse than a vacation with a problem truck that gets crappy fuel mileage, AND it's loaded with wife & kids. Full H&S @ 33k miles, problem solved. 4k miles later I don't miss my 06 anymore at all.:rock

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update to my egr/dpf delete. I love this truck!!! It runs like a tank and has awsome response and power. A powerstroke tried to roll coal on me the other day and I blew his doors off with no effort. I am not a racer but it was fun to have a truck that is potent and mean as hell. I drained the oil the other day and it looked like black ink from the dpf stuff dumping fuel into the engine. I am running full synthetic now. I would suggest to anyone out there to change your oil after delete and clean that system out. No more emissions = A NEW RIG.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts