The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Mafia member #105
2,262 Posts
Event was fun,I fogot my camara, After thinking about it I could of done a live feed from web cam.

·
Mafia member #105
2,262 Posts
Ty you figure out whats going on with your truck buddy, It ws nice seeing you and the wife again.

·
Mafia member #105
2,262 Posts
Hope its just a ring and nothing else buddy

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Hope its just a ring and nothing else buddy
Well Henry, the problem has been found......

That was the only bad valve but, all 6-intake side exhaust valve have cracking around them in the head. All other valves/seats and head around them is good.... kinda baffling.

So anyway, I'm having to built a new head and if I'm able, it'll be better than the last :thumbsup

·
Mafia member #105
2,262 Posts
Do you run high spring pressure? that and looks like heat had some play into this.

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Do you run high spring pressure? that and looks like heat had some play into this.
Yeah, they're higher than stock... #110. Heat surely played a part. Some think the coated pistons reflect the heat but, IMHO I think the coating is why I'm not having to replace pistons.

·
Mafia member #105
2,262 Posts
Yeah, they're higher than stock... #110. Heat surely played a part. Some think the coated pistons reflect the heat but, IMHO I think the coating is why I'm not having to replace pistons.

I would look at knocking the pressure down a hair and maybe even having the valves coated also.Bottom and up the stem some.

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
yes it is. Depending on availability of means to do it, I would like to install Inconel valves and have them Swain coated. I had them do my pistons and after 2.5 yrs of giving them hell.... the coating still looks good and intact. Having them do the whole head would really be nice !

·
Mafia member #105
2,262 Posts
yes it is. Depending on availability of means to do it, I would like to install Inconel valves and have them Swain coated. I had them do my pistons and after 2.5 yrs of giving them hell.... the coating still looks good and intact. Having them do the whole head would really be nice !
Having them coated and getting Inconel exhaust valves will help alot.Ty do you use water on the truck or any other power adder.Might hav eto step up to twins.what type of EGT's are you seeing on the old girl?

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
considering I've ran it the way I have for as long as I have, it's held up very well. EGT's have always been high while racing but, that's typical. There will be some nice additions at some point and that ole' Dmax of yours will be crying for mercy... again :haha :happymugs I hope :D

·
Mafia member #105
2,262 Posts
considering I've ran it the way I have for as long as I have, it's held up very well. EGT's have always been high while racing but, that's typical. There will be some nice additions at some point and that ole' Dmax of yours will be crying for mercy... again :haha :happymugs I hope :D

So your going for mid 10's also :mafia1:

·
Mafia member #105
2,262 Posts
yeah, yeah.... just rub it in :fart lets say yes, I would be if it wasn't for the weight :)
LOL I might just see what it would pick up from just doing a cam and heads since there still stock.

·
TDG MAFIA MEMBER #71
1,288 Posts
Well it looks like everyone had a good time....sorry I missed it......had to work. Ty sorry about the truck.....hope you get it back together soon.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts