The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Clutch started slipping obviously with the edge and a few other goodies. Continued to drive it fairly easy to make it last long enough until I had the funds and the time to replace it. Got the itch one night turned it to setting six and show my brother-in-law what it could do. Let him drive and it slipped a little no suprise there. On my way home at about 70 on the highway zzzzzz, nothing.:damnit Ive had clitches shatter and what not so figured it was time lol. Called up Dan at Valair and got what I needed. Thanks Dan! So slid the trans back and the input shaft stayed in the clutch. So now I have a really expensive alignment tool and a bad *** clutch and no trans. The odd thing is it didnt break at the splines, it broke back towards the pilot bearing. Is that common? I havent looked to see how much billet shafts are goin for but not lookin forward to it lol. What do you guys recomend?

PICS UP SHORTLY

·
Registered
99 Posts
This issue is common when exceeding 450HP depending on your driving style.

I would recommend the 1 3/8" input shaft that we have listed here

We have stouter shaft, but I don't believe it is necessary unless you plan on sled pulling or other extreme activities with your truck.

I would call Dan and tell him you want to run the big input shaft, some or all of your parts will have to be exchanged, but you will avoid this situation in the future.

Let me know if I can help!

·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just cant understand the price difference between stock and billet. Its not in the cards at the moment for a billet piece so stock is my only option right now. My other question is when I order one what else am I going to need? A new retainer?

·
Registered
99 Posts
blazd88 said:
I just cant understand the price difference between stock and billet. Its not in the cards at the moment for a billet piece so stock is my only option right now. My other question is when I order one what else am I going to need? A new retainer?
The stock shaft is only 1 1/4" thick. The shaft I linked you to is 1 3/8" thick.

The shaft we sell comes with all the parts you need to install it.

·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just dont have the money for that at the moment so im goin stock. Just askin what else I need to order with a stock shaft.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts