The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have 01 24v with 200hp injector, 0.093 tubes, cold air intake, intercooler, intake manifold(horn), snow performance water meth, dual disk south bend clutch, i have a stock turbo but looking to upgrade to the 62mm silver, and the injection pump is stock but also want to upgrade. Im trying to figure out whats up with the nv5600, im reading on other forums that there garbage... my trannys got round 200,000 on it. Is there an upgrade rebuild kit for it? Or is the FSO6406 a good replacement? But with out spending a crap load, which i want to put into the engine.

·
Man. Trans 2wd Enthusiast
185 Posts
my boss has towed over 30K combination with his on numberous occasions. clutch jerks, and needs replaced, and the tranny growls a lttle and will probably need an overhaul, but for the loads it pulls, it does quite well IMHO.

I too have seen the 5600 delete kits on e-bay. I am questioning the sanity of some folks as it puts it back to the NV4500, which, IMHO, the dodge version NV4500HD wasnt that great.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont want to go down to a 4500, thats for sure, but i dont want to be spening a shiz load on changing it out too....

·
Man. Trans 2wd Enthusiast
185 Posts
This intriuged me, so I did some research. it is the 98-early 00 (2000.5) NV5600s that werent as good.

smaller clutch, input shaft, and supposedly poor desgned synchronizers.

so it looks like you are good to go with a 01!

I would definitely run the correct amsoil full synthetic oil recommended for it. every little bit of protection counts!

good luck!

·
1,189 Posts
run the trans till it's done they are tough just don't rest your hand on the shifter. I think you would be better off taking the .093 lines off and going back stock. They really don't seem to help but just change the idle. are you having issues with the trans shifting or anything? Running any type of programmer on it? What 62 are you looking at? do you tow a lot? 200's were a lil hot for my 62 but did good when I put a 475 under it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts