The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During my recent service I asked the Tech if it was possible to add remote start (preferring the GM).

He said that it was a set of new key fobs, and a new module, reprogram and out the door for 285.

So I did it was very pleased, the starter turns on the Seat heat, window defoggers and cab heat when the temperature is low and the A/C when the temps are high.

When I turn the key the climate controls return to where I had them preset.

So for those of you with the 07.5 to 2009s and want the remote start, just ask.

Chris
:sly:

·
Need For Speed
67 Posts
Use mine every morning. They best days are when it is snowing it will defrost the windows and the seats will be warm. I can't remember the last time I used the key to start my truck.

·
100 Posts
i use mine every day

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am so geeked..... I love my truck, and the way the girls look at it, the whine of the turbo. The warm seats here in Colorado are NICE!

Chris

·
Registered
28 Posts
-18F here this morning and my truck was toasty when I went to work!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Can I get one for my 05 lly???

·
'Ol Builder guy
7,051 Posts
I looked into that, but couldn't find anyone who can do one without butchering a wire harness.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've got a 2007.5 LMM and I love the remote start feature. Mine usually takes 4-5 seconds before starting, I suspect to allow for the glowplugs. I'm curious if the aftermarket ones allow for the glowplugs to warm up before starting or if they just fire up as soon as the button is hit.

·
In the passing lane
1,453 Posts
:poke: man what a punch of wimps you are suppose to start you truck then go feed the horses or something :jk I am tryin to talk my old man it to get that for his 2007 gasser. I wish I could get it for mine but it just a poor white boy truck:shrug:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
In my research most of the better units will have a glow delay, the best one will have a glow light sensor wire. But be aware of the GM PASSKEY hotwire jobs, there have been some installers that "disable" by accident. And I may be a city boy but I am warm when I go to work.

·
'Ol Builder guy
7,051 Posts
kip said:
:poke: man what a punch of wimps you are suppose to start you truck then go feed the horses or something :jk I am tryin to talk my old man it to get that for his 2007 gasser. I wish I could get it for mine but it just a poor white boy truck:shrug:
Wimps? What's wimpy about warming the oil in your engine up so you don't score a cylinder? Or having a warm cabin so you can see out your windshield and not have your hands frozen to the steering wheel?

Sounds smart to me!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Oh thats a better excuse... Warm oil.....

Thanks

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
lol
hey im not complaining when its -40f that when i get into my truck that the seats are warm and my hands dont stick to the steering wheel... lol

·
35 Posts
my boss who's actually my father in law just called me a p**s a couple of days ago for the same thing....... I think it really boils down to jealousy LOL

·
Registered
6 Posts
I use mine just for the fact it allows my truck to warm up a little before I take off. I'm not too patient and can't sit and wait for very long.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts