The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What all is involved in replacing the donut gaskets on the up-pipes? I think mine have leaked just a little for a long time. There is a slight ticking noise at idle and on acceleration that sounds kind of like a gasser exhaust leak. I know I've seen discussions about replacing these donuts before, but my search did not find anything.

Thanks
BG

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
I use exhaust donuts from a small block chevy. they are somewhat bigger in hight and work well :Thumbup: i cant remember the part # so maybe someone can help thier???? i will look and see if i can find the part # you need.

·
1,921 Posts
Seems as I recall someone haveing problems with them of some kind but I don't remember what. Personally I just like useing the right part for the job. To do it you have to pull the turbo and the drivers side exhaust manifold. Not a fun job by any stretch of the imagination. When you are putting it all back together use liberal amounts of silver antisieze all over the new gaskets and flanges.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
colector up pipe donut part #napa f-17250. :Thumbup: these are not stock replacements. they are alot thicker but in my opinon work better because they will seal a mis matched flange. :Thumbup:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Why the need to pull the driver manifold? Have not heard that part mentioned before in the "how to's".
Aaron SEIA

·
1,921 Posts
So you can drop the up pipe out that side. Depending on how tight it all is you might be able to get the up pipe out with out pulling it but I'm not sure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts