The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI guys,

Im running out of ideas on this one. i had a pretty good oil leak coming from somewhere in the valley under the hpop, (stealth dual pumps) i pulled pumps and resealed both pumps even did the non serviceable plugs. without knowing about the check ball, and the procedure. so when i couldnt get the truck started the first time i pulled the pumps back out to check the edge filter and checkball and recleaned iprs, everything was ok!. reinstalled pumps and still no start, on the scan tool dual IPR will open to 90% and it will climb from 100 all the to 3000 but wont fire. give it a shot of either and it will start and run fine.I ran it for 10-15 minutes it ran fine, changed chip settings and it died but will not fire up again unless i were to give it a sniff, fuel pressure is good truck ran fine before i pulled the pumps.

Thanks for the help!

·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
update:

Ok so i pulled codes and i got a P1280 and P1212. on the first few revolutions of cranking ipr % shoots way up to 90% while PSi only reaches 380 PSi I can crank for long enough and it looks like it defaults to 44% and 3100psi. so my dual pumps really suck right now:surprise: so all my oil pressure is returning straight to pan somehow?

·
323 Posts
Sounds like it is air locked.
Try this:
So take an old IPR pig tail and hook up some leads with battery clips.
Hook it to the battery and it will hold the IPR shut and crank the engine as soon as it starts shut it off then hook up the IPR pig tail that belongs there and it should run.
Get a good heavy load on the engine (find a hill) to purge the rest of the air.

·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks ill give it a shot!

·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well tried that and no luck. seems like the pumps are not building pressure scanner is only showing 290 psi!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts